Please choose the questions most suitable to your needs and feel free to add others or omit those that do not apply.
- Please provide a diagnosis according to DSM IV.
- Does the worker's condition require psychiatric treatment?
- Is psychiatric treatment likely to improve the worker's condition?
- What is the prognosis for improvement of the psychiatric condition with treatment? without treatment?
- Is the worker's current psychiatric treatment optimal?
- Is the worker compliant with the psychiatrist's treatment recommendations?
- What psychiatric treatment is recommended?
- Is the psychiatric condition fixed and stable?
- (The EEOC Enforcement Guidance on psychiatric disabilities will answer many of your questions regarding reasonable accommodation of mental impairment.)
- Is the worker's ability to perform the essential duties of the job impaired by a psychiatric disorder?
- Will psychiatric treatment enable the worker to perform the essential tasks of his job?
- Can the worker perform the essential tasks of his job with accommodation but without reasonable psychiatric treatment?
- Can the worker perform the essential tasks of his job with accommodation and reasonable psychiatric treatment?
- What reasonable modifications to the job and workplace will adequately accommodate the worker's mental disabilities?
- Is the worker disabled due to a psychiatric disorder?
- Are the worker's problems primarily the result of a personality disorder?
- Are the worker's problems primarily the result of drug or alcohol use?
Violence risk management
- Does the worker present an unacceptable risk of violence at work?
- Please recommend reasonable steps that can be taken to reduce the risk that the worker will become violent at work.
Fitness for duty
- Is the worker able to perform the duties of the position with at least average efficiency?