Hataroid is a free, open source Atari ST/STE emulator for Android.It is based on the open source Hatari, but designed specifically for mobile devices.
You can get the latest build from the Google Play Store.
- ST and STE emulation
- High compatibility based off the Hatari core emulation
- Easy to use memory save states with thumbnails
- Support for saving to external SD card
- Game Database support
- Hardware input (joystick/keyboard) devices through Android IME methods.
- Hardware mouse support- Built-in Soft MIDI output support
- Hardware USB Midi support (experimental)- Color / Mono video modes
- On-screen Atari keyboard (freely positionable and scalable)
- On-screen joystick and mouse
- Freely adjustable screen position and size
- Mount an Android folder as a hard disk (GemDos Hard disk support)
- Scanline shader effects
- Pasti STX support
- Built in Emu-TOS support
- Android 2.3 (Gingerbread)
- OpenGL ES2 compatible gpu (pretty much all phones since Gingerbread)
- 800Mhz cpu for basic ST emulation
- 1.5Ghz cpu for MIDI support
- TOS rom image (still under copyright by Atari) or the built-in free alternative (EmuTOS)
If you want to build Hataroid yourself, the complete source code is freely available on GitHub.
If you use any part of Hataroid in other projects, please give credit where appropriate.
Please let me know if you should be on here but aren't.
- virtual keyboard gfx by Unseen Menace
- ST Games Database based off the list from CodeJedi and other contributors
- various icons by Matt Sephton
- seek bar preference widget
- sound font from Florestan
- glib (a fluidsynth dependency)
- USB Midi Driver
- CRT and scanline shaders by cgwg, Themaister and DOLLS
- Virtual Joystick graphics from Mame
And finally a big thanks to all the testers and users of Hataroid.