Mir Anamul Hasn
Department of Computer Science, Florida State University
Supervisor: Dr. Daniel G. Schwartz
I am currently a Ph.D. candidate in the Department of Computer Science at Florida State University, working on my dissertation under the supervision of Dr. Daniel Schwartz. I expect to graduate in Spring 2019.
My research interests encompass the areas of information retrieval, search engines and recommender systems, natural language processing, and text mining. I focus on developing and evaluating new technologies for educational support leveraging the techniques available in those ﬁelds.
- Ph.D. in Computer Science, Florida State University (August 2012 - May 2019(expected))
- M.Sc. in Computer Science, Florida State University (May 2018)
- B.Sc. (Honors) in Computer Science & Engineering, University of Dhaka, Bangladesh (May 2010)
- Information Retrieval
- Search Engines and Recommender Systems
- Expert Search
- Supervisor Selection in Academia
- Search for Educational Support.
- M. Hasan, and D. Schwartz, “A Multi-criteria Decision Support System for Ph.D. Supervisor Selection: A Hybrid Approach,” in Proceedings of the 52th Annual Hawaii International Conference on System Sciences (HICSS’19), Maui, HI, USA, 2019, pp. 1823- 1832.
- M. Hasan, and D. Schwartz, “RecAdvisor: Criteria-based Ph. D. Supervisor Recommendation,” in Proceedings of the 41st ACM/SIGIR International Conference on Research & Development in Information Retrieval (SIGIR’18), Ann Arbor, MI, USA, 2018, pp. 1325-1328.
- L. Ponzanelli, G. Bavota, A. Mocci, M. Di Penta, R. Oliveto, M. Hasan, B. Russo, S. Haiduc, and M. Lanza, “Too Long; Didn’t Watch! Extracting Relevant Fragments from Software Development Video Tutorials, Technical Research Track,” in Proceedings of the 38th ACM/IEEE International Conference on Software Engineering (ICSE’16), Austin, TX, USA, 2016, pp. 261-272.
- S. Imminni, M. Hasan, M. Duckett, P. Sachdeva, S. Karmakar, P. Kumar, and S. Haiduc, “SPYSE: a Semantic Search Engine for Python Packages and Modules,” in Proceedings of the 38th ACM/IEEE International Conference on Software Engineering (ICSE’16), Austin, TX, USA, 2016, pp. 625-628.
- M. Hasan, and A. Chowdhury, “Human disease diagnosis using a fuzzy expert system,” Journal of Computing, vol. 2, iss. 6, 2010, pp. 66-70.
- Content-based Ph.D. Supervisor Recommender System, Introductory Seminar on Research, Fall 2017, Department of Computer Science, Florida State University
- Graduate Teaching and Research Assistant, Department of Computer Science, Florida State University. (August 2012 - Present).
- Software Developer Intern, SDR Engineering Consultants, Inc., Tallahassee, Florida. (May 2013- August 2013).
- Lecturer, University of Asia Paciﬁc, Dhaka, Bangladesh. (October 2011- July 2012).
- Lecturer, State University of Bangladesh, Dhaka, Bangladesh. (May 2011- October 2011 and October 2010- February 2011).
- Visiting Researcher, National Institute of Informatics, Tokyo, Japan. (February 2011- March 2011)
Honors/ Awards/ Grants
- SIGIR 2018 Sponsored Travel Grant (Sponsor: National Science Foundation(NSF)).
- COGS Travel & Presentation Grants 2018(Period: July 1-October 31), Florida State University.
- Outstanding Teaching Assistant Award, Fall 2014, Department of Computer Science, Florida State University.
- Dean’s Award, 2012-2013, The Graduate School, Florida State University.
- University Merit Scholarship, 2010, University of Dhaka, Bangladesh.
- Jessore Education Board Scholarship, for the results in the Higher Secondary Certificate examination.
- Jessore Education Board Scholarship for the results in the Secondary School Certificate examination.
- Additional Reviewer, The 12th Working Conference on Mining Software Repositories (MSR 2015), May 2015
- Student Volunteer, The 41st Annual ACM SIGIR Conference on Research and Development in Information Retrieval (SIGIR 2018), July 2018.