- 3 cups milk
- 2 cups water
- 1 1/2 cups yellow corn meal
- 1 tsp salt, plus more for sprinkling
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese
- 2 tbsp flat leaf parsley, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 cup marinara sauce, for dipping
- Bring the milk, water, and salt to a boil in a large saucepan over
high heat. With a whisk, slowly pour corn meal into liquid stirring
- Turn down heat to low and continue stirring until the polenta thickens, about 2-3 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and stir in cheese and parsley.
- With a spatula, spread polenta out onto a baking sheet about 1/4-1/2 inch thick. Chill in the refrigerator for 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Line a clean baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside. Using
a cookie cutter, cut out shapes in polenta and place onto
parchment-lined baking sheet.
- Using your fingers or a brush, rub each piece with olive oil and sprinkle with salt.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until golden brown. After 10 minutes of baking, flip pieces over.
- Meanwhile, heat marinara sauce in a small saucepan. Dip polenta pieces into marinara sauce and enjoy.