- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour, for dredging
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 1 1/4 cups plain dried bread crumbs
- 2/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tsp dried basil
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 4 chicken breasts
- Sea salt and fresh cracker pepper for sprinkling
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 lemon, cut into wedges
- Place the flour in a shallow bowl and the eggs in another shallow bowl.
- Mix the bread crumbs, Parmesan, basil, and thyme in another shallow bowl.
a meat mallet, pound the chicken breasts until they are 1/4" thick.
Sprinkle the chicken with sea salt and fresh cracked pepper.
the chicken breasts in flour, then the egg, and then the bread crumb
mix. Place chicken breast on a plate and repeat with the remaining
- In a large saute pan, heat the oil and butter over
medium heat. Add 2 chicken breasts at a time and cook until golden
brown, about 3-4 minutes per side. Transfer to paper towels to drain
and repeat steps with remaining chicken breasts.
- Squeeze some fresh lemon juice over the chicken breasts and garnish with fresh parsley. Serve immediately.