- 1 cup grated & peeled apple, diced
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup applesauce
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven and line 12 muffin cups with cupcake liners
- Mix the apples with the cinnamon and 1 tbsp sugar and set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix the flour, sugar, baking soda, and salt together.
- Add the eggs, applesauce, and vanilla and mix until smooth.
- Stir in the apple mix with any juice that has been released.
- With a cookie scoop, fill the cupcake liners with the batter.
- Bake for about 25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.
- Allow the cupcakes to cool completely before frosting.
- 6 oz cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup confectioner's sugar
- 2 tbsp apple cider
- sprinkles or melted caramel (optional)
- In the bowl of an electric mixer, beat cream cheese, confectioner's sugar, and apple cider until mixed.
- With a spatula, spread frosting over tops of cupcakes.
- Top with sprinkles or melted caramel.