- 1 1/2 cups packed dark brown sugar
- 1 cup coarsely chopped nuts
- 4 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1 8-oz container plain, Greek yogurt
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 3 eggs
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1/2 of a lemon, juiced
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tbsp lemon zest
- 2 cups fresh blueberries
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tsp. fresh lemon juice
- 1 tsp. milk (or additional for desired consistency)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and grease a 13x9 pan with cooking spray. Set aside.
- To make the topping, combine brown sugar, nuts, and cinnamon in a small bowl. Set aside.
- In another small bowl, stir together the Greek yogurt and baking soda and set aside.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, beat granulated sugar and butter on medium speed until light and fluffy. Add eggs, vanilla, and 1/2 of a lemon's juice and beat until combined.
- In another bowl, mix flour, baking powder, and lemon zest and add dry ingredients to wet ingredients. Beat until combined. Beat in Greek yogurt mixture.
- Pour half of the batter in the pan and spread evenly. Sprinkle with the blueberries and then half of the topping. Pour the remaining batter over the layers and spread evenly. Sprinkle with the remaining topping.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean. Meanwhile, combine the powdered sugar, lemon juice, and milk until drizzling consistency (add more milk if necessary, 1 tsp. at a time). Once cake has completely cooled, drizzle frosting over and enjoy!
*Adapted from Our Best Desserts