- 2 cups fresh or frozen cranberries
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 tbsp orange zest
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1 1/2 cups rolled oats
- 1 cup dark brown sugar
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3/4 cup butter
- 1/2 cup white chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and grease a 9x9 inch baking pan, line with foil, then grease the foil.
- In a saucepan over medium-high heat, combine the cranberries, white
sugar, and orange zest. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and cook
until the mixture has softened and reduced to about 1 cup.
- In a medium bowl, stir together the flour, oats, brown sugar,
baking powder and salt. Cut in the butter using your hands or a pastry
blender until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs. (Make sure to cut in
butter well so entire mixture gets butter cut in it.)
- Fold in the white chocolate chips.
- Press half of this mixture firmly into the pan. Spread the
cranberry sauce evenly over, then crumble the remaining oat mixture
over the top.
- Bake for about 20-25 minutes or until the top is golden brown. Cool completely before cutting into bars.