- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup whole wheat flour
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 tbsp flax seed meal plus 3 tbsp water
- 3 medium very ripe bananas, mashed (about 1 1/4 cups)
- 3 tbsp skim milk
- 1/2 cup cinnamon chips
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees and grease a standard muffin pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- Mix flax seed meal with water in a small bowl and set aside for 2 minutes.
- In a medium bowl, stir together the flours, sugar, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt and set aside.
the bowl of a stand mixer, beat together the applesauce, flax seed meal
mix, mashed bananas, and milk until blended. Add the dry ingredients
and beat until combined. With a wooden spoon, mix in cinnamon chips.
- Spoon the batter into each muffin cup, filling it level with the rim of the cup.
for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out
clean. Transfer pan to a wire rack and allow to cool.