- 1-1/2 teaspoons plus 1/4 cup butter, softened, divided
- 2 cups sugar
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 12 ounces white baking chocolate, chopped
- 1 jar (7 ounces) marshmallow creme
- 3/4 cup thin mint cookies, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon peppermint extract
- Line a 9-in. square pan with foil. Grease the foil with 1 tbsp butter.
- In a large heavy saucepan, combine the sugar, sour cream and
remaining butter. Cook and stir over medium heat until sugar is
dissolved. Bring to a rapid boil and cook and stir until a candy
thermometer reads 234 degrees, about 5 minutes.
- Remove from the heat; stir in white chocolate and marshmallow creme until melted.
- Fold in crushed cookies and extract. Pour into prepared pan.
- Chill until firm.
- Using foil, lift fudge out of pan. Gently peel off foil; cut fudge into 1-in. squares and store in the refrigerator.
*Yield: 2 pounds