- 2 cups ground almonds
- 2 large egg whites
- 1 tbsp flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 2 cups powdered sugar and more for rolling dough in
- 3 drops almond extract
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips for dipping
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Beat egg whites in a stand mixer until stiff.
- Meanwhile, mix almonds, flour, baking powder, and sugar.
- Fold egg whites into almond mix.
- Add extract and mix until a soft paste forms.
- In a small bowl, add enough powdered sugar to roll dough balls in.
- Take about 1 tbsp of dough, roll into a ball, and then roll into sugar.
- Place dough balls on a baking sheet that is lined with parchment paper.
- Flatten dough ball with palm of hand.
- Bake 10-12 minutes.
- In a microwave-safe bowl, melt chocolate chips.
- Dip cookies in chocolate and allow to cool on wax paper.