- ½ cup vegetable oil
- 4 oz unsweetened baking chocolate, melted, cooled
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp peppermint extract
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup Andes Mints Chips or other peppermint chips
- ½ cup powdered sugar
- In large bowl, mix oil, chocolate, granulated sugar, vanilla, and peppermint extract. Stir in eggs, one at a time. Stir in flour, baking powder and salt. Cover; refrigerate at least 3 hours.
- Heat oven to 350°F. Grease cookie sheet with shortening or cooking spray.
- Drop dough by teaspoonfuls into powdered sugar; roll around to coat and shape into balls. Place about 2 inches apart on cookie sheets. (Balls should be small because they will expand)
- Bake 10 to 12 minutes or until almost no imprint remains when touched lightly in center. Immediately remove from cookie sheets to cooling racks.
Yield: About 72 cookies (depending on how small you roll them)