- 3 sticks (1 1/2 cups) of unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1 cup confectioner’s sugar
- 3 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup ground toasted hazelnuts
- 1 cup chocolate chips (you could use white chocolate as well)
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Mix in vanilla. In another bowl, combine the flour and hazelnuts; gradually add to butter mixture and mix well (dough will be sticky). Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour or until easy to handle.
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. On a floured work surface, roll out dough to 1/4″ thickness. Use floured cookie cutter of choice and place on ungreased baking sheets, 1″ apart.
- Bake for 15-18 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool for 1 minute before moving cookies to a wire rack to cool completely.
- In a microwave-safe bowl, melt chocolate chips until smooth. Drizzle over cookies and allow to set. Store in an airtight container.
Yield: 3.5 dozen cookies