- 2 lbs. almond paste
- 4 cups powdered sugar
- 1 1/2 tbsp baking powder
- 1 cup flour
- 5 egg whites
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- In a stand mixer, whisk egg whites until foamy.
- Grate almond paste on a cheese grater over a sheet of wax paper and mix almond paste with the powdered sugar.
- Add whisked eggs to the paste and mix.
- In a small bowl, mix the flour and baking powder. Add to the almond paste and mix.
- Drop by teaspoons onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes or until bottoms are golden brown.
- Cut maraschino cherries in half and press into center of each cookie while still warm. If decorating with slivered almond or pine nuts, roll in nuts before baking.