Haoyi Xiong (熊昊一), Ph.D
Senior Research Scientist, Big Data Lab, Baidu Research
Personal Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
I am currently a Senior Research Scientist at Baidu Research Big Data Lab. From Fall 2016 to Spring 2018, I was a Tenure Track Assistant Professor in Department of Computer Science, Missouri University of Science and Technology, Rolla, MO, Before that I was a Research Associate in Department of Systems and Information Engineering, University of Virginia, Charlottesville, VA. I received Ph.D degree in Computer Science from Telecom SudParis jointly with Pierre and Marie Curie University (aka Sorbonne Université), Paris, France in 2015. I obtained M.Sc in Information Technology and B.Eng in Electrical Engineering degrees from the Hong Kong University of Science and Technology (2010) and Huazhong University of Science and Technology (2009), respectively.
- Jiang Bian, PhD student (as the primary advisor 2016 ~ 2018 at MST, as the co-advisor 2018~present at UCF)
- Yunchao Zhang, Undergraduate student (as the primary advisor 2017 ~ 2018, as the co-advisor 2018~present at MST)
- Kafeng Wang, PhD student (2018~present, Shenzhen Institutes of Advanced Technology, Chinese Academy of Science)
- Ruosi Wan, Master student (2018~present, Peking University, will join Baidu Research as a Full-time Researcher, Summer 2019)
- Jingfeng Wu, Master student (2018~present, Peking University, will join Johns Hopkins University as a PhD student, Fall 2019 )
- Jie An, Master student (2019~present, Peking University, will join University of Rochester as a PhD student, Fall 2019)
- Chengyi Mao, PhD student (2017~2018, MST)
- Simon Thougaard, PhD student (2017 ~ 2018, MST)
- Xiao Zhong, Postdoc (2016~2017, MST co-advised with Dr. Zeyi Sun)
- first placement - Visiting Assistant Professor of Statistics @ Clark University
- Yu Huang, PhD student (2015-2016, UVA primarily supervised by Dr. Laura Barnes)
- now PhD candidate @ University of Michigan
- Jinghe Zhang, PhD (2015-2016, UVA primarily supervised by Dr. Laura Barnes)
- first placement - Data Scientist @ Target.
Some personal interests...