Haoyi "Bertrand" Xiong 熊昊一, Ph.D
Tech Lead, Senior Research Staff Member,
Big Data Lab, Baidu Research
Personal Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Dr. Haoyi Xiong is currently a Tech Lead and Staff Research Scientist at BDL, Baidu Inc., with a courtesy appointment as a Graduate Faculty of Computer Engineering Doctoral Program at University of Central Florida (UCF), Orlando, FL. From Fall 2016 to Spring 2018, he was a Tenure Track Assistant Professor in Department of Computer Science, Missouri University of Science and Technology, Rolla, MO. Before that he was a Research Associate in University of Virginia, Charlottesville, VA.
He received his Ph.D degree in Computer Science from Telecom SudParis jointly with Pierre and Marie Curie University (aka Sorbonne Université), Paris, France in 2015, where he was supervised by Prof. Daqing Zhang, IEEE Fellow and a Member of Academia Europaea. He earned the M.Sc Degree in Information Technology from the Hong Kong University of Science and Technology (2010), and B.Eng Degree in Electrical Engineering from Huazhong University of Science and Technology (2009).
Research Interests: Pervasive Computing, Machine Learning, and Cyber-Physical Systems
(Some Notes: Postdocs/Students/Interns/Engineers I work(ed) with, *equal contribution)
- [ICLR'19] Xingjian Li, Haoyi Xiong, Hanchao Wang, Yuxuan Rao, Liping Liu, and Jun Huan. DELTA: Deep Learning Transfer using Feature Map with Attention for Convolutional Neural Networks. In Proceedings of The Seventh International Conference on Learning Representations, New Orleans, LA, 2019.
- [AAAI'19] Haoyi Xiong*, Kafeng Wang*, Jiang Bian*, Zhanxing Zhu, Cheng-zhong Xu, Zhishan Guo, and Jun Huan. SpHMC: Spectral Hamiltonian Monte Carlo. In Proceedings of The Thirty-Third AAAI Conference on Artificial Intelligence, Honolulu, Hawaii, 2019.
- [ICDM'19] Ruosi Wan*, Haoyi Xiong*, Xingjian Li, Zhanxing Zhu, and Jun Huan. Towards Making Deep Transfer Learning Never Hurt. Proceedings of the 19th IEEE International Conference on Data Mining, accepted, 2019.
- [ECML/PKDD'19] Ruosi Wan, Mingjun Zhong, Haoyi Xiong and Zhanxing Zhu. Neural Control Variates for Monte Carlo Variance Reduction. Proceedings of The 2019 European Conference on Machine Learning and Principles and Practice of Knowledge Discovery in Databases, accepted, 2019.
- [RTSS'18] Zhishan Guo, Kecheng Yang, Sudharsan Vaidhun, Samsil Arefin ,Sajal K. Das, and Haoyi Xiong. Uniprocessor Mixed-Criticality Scheduling with Graceful Degradation by Completion Rate. the 39th IEEE Real-Time Systems Symposium, Nashville, TN, 2018.
- [IJCAI'18] Haoyi Xiong, Wei Cheng, Yanjie Fu, Jiang Bian, Wenqinghu and Zhishan Guo. De-biasing Covariance-Regularized Discriminant Analysis. the 27th International Joint Conference on Artificial Intelligence, Stockholm, Sweden, 2018
- [AAAI'18] Jiang Bian*, Haoyi Xiong*, Yanjie Fu and Sajal K Das. CSWA: Aggregation-Free Community Sensing. In Proceedings of The Thirty-Second AAAI Conference on Artificial Intelligence, New Orleans, United States, 2018.
- [ICDM'18] Xin Xu, Minghao Yin, Haoyi Xiong, Bo Jin, and Yanjie Fu. Dr. Right+: Embedding-based Adaptively-weighted Mixture Model for Finding Right Doctors with Healthcare Experience Data. Proceedings of the 18th IEEE International Conference on Data Mining, Singapore, 2018.
- [ICDM'17] Haoyi Xiong, Wei Cheng, Jiang Bian, Wenqing Hu, and Zhishan Guo. AWDA: An Adaptive Wishart Discriminant Analysis. Proceedings of the 17th IEEE International Conference on Data Mining, New Orleans, United States, 2017
- [ICDM'17] Jiang Bian, Haoyi Xiong, Wei Cheng, Yanjie Fu, Wenqing Hu, and Zhishan Guo. Multi-Party Sparse Discriminant Learning. Proceedings of the 17th IEEE International Conference on Data Mining, 2017, New Orleans, United States, 2017
- [ECRTS'17] Zhishan Guo, Ashikahmed Bhuiyan, Abusayeed Saifullah, Nan Guan, and Haoyi Xiong. Energy-Efficient Multi-Core Scheduling for Real-Time DAG Tasks. Proceedings of the 29th Euromicro Conference on Real-Time Systems, Croatia, 2017
- [UbiComp'16] Haoyi Xiong , Yu Huang, Laura E. Barnes and Matthew Gerber, Sensus: A Cross-Platform and Context-Aware Crowdsensing Systems for Human-Subject Studies, The 2016 ACM International Joint Conference on Ubiquitous and Pervasive Computing.
- [UbiComp'16] Yu Huang* , Haoyi Xiong*, Kevin Leach, and Laura E. Barnes, Assessing Social Anxiety Using GPS Trajectories and Point-Of-Interest Data, The 2016 ACM International Joint Conference on Ubiquitous and Pervasive Computing, 2016.
- [PerCom'15] Haoyi Xiong, Daqing Zhang, Guanling Chen, Leye Wang and Vincent Gauthier, CrowdTasker: Maximizing Coverage Quality in Piggyback Crowdsensing under Budget Constraint, In Proc. of the 13th IEEE International Conference on Pervasive Computing and Communications, St Louis, MI. (acceptance rate~15%) [PDF]
- [UbiComp'15] Leye Wang, Daqing Zhang, Animesh Pathak, Chao Chen, Haoyi Xiong, Dingqi Yang and Yasha Wang. CCS-TA: Quality-Guaranteed Online Task Allocation in Compressive Crowdsensing. In Proc. of the 2014 ACM International Joint Conference on Pervasive and Ubiquitous Computing.
- [UbiComp'14] Haoyi Xiong*, Daqing Zhang*, Leye Wang and Guanling Chen, CrowdRecruiter: Selecting Participants for Piggyback Crowdsensing under Probabilistic Coverage Constraint, In Proc. of the 2014 ACM International Joint Conference on Pervasive and Ubiquitous Computing. [PDF]
- Jiang Bian, PhD student (as the primary advisor 2016 ~ 2018 at MST, as the co-advisor 2018~present at UCF)
- Yunchao Zhang, Undergraduate student (as the primary advisor 2017 ~ 2018, as the co-advisor 2018~present at MST)
- Kafeng Wang, PhD student (2018.08~2019.07, Shenzhen Institutes of Advanced Technology, Chinese Academy of Science)
- Ruosi Wan, Master student (2018.09~2019.05, Peking University, joined Face++ as a Full-time Researcher, Summer 2019)
- Jingfeng Wu, Master student (2018.11~2019.05, Peking University, joined Johns Hopkins University as a PhD student, Fall 2019 )
- Jie An, Master student (2018.12~2019.05, Peking University, will join University of Rochester as a PhD student, Fall 2019)
- Chengyi Mao, PhD student (2017~2018, MST)
- Simon Thougaard, PhD student (2017 ~ 2018, MST)
- Xiao Zhong, Postdoc (2016~2017, MST co-advised with Dr. Zeyi Sun)
- first placement - Visiting Assistant Professor of Statistics @ Clark University
- Yu Huang, PhD student (2015-2016, UVA primarily supervised by Dr. Laura Barnes)
- now PhD candidate @ University of Michigan
- Jinghe Zhang, PhD (2015-2016, UVA primarily supervised by Dr. Laura Barnes)
- first placement - Data Scientist @ Target.
Some personal interests...