Haoyi "Bertrand" Xiong (熊昊一), Ph.D
Senior Research Scientist, Big Data Lab, Baidu Research
Personal Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
I am currently a Senior Research Scientist at Baidu Research Big Data Lab. From Fall 2016 to Spring 2018, I was a Tenure Track Assistant Professor in Department of Computer Science, Missouri University of Science and Technology, Rolla, MO, United States. Before that I was a Research Associate in Department of Systems and Information Engineering, University of Virginia, Charlottesville, VA, United States. I received Ph.D degree in Computer Science from Telecom SudParis jointly with Pierre and Marie Curie University, Paris, France in 2015. I obtained M.Sc and B.Eng degrees from the Hong Kong University of Science and Technology (2010) and Huazhong University of Science and Technology (2009), respectively.
Looking for interns! (Pls contact me if you hope to work with me on some interesting research topics in Baidu Beijing Campus)
- Intersection of Ubiquitous Computing and Applied Machine Learning
- Cyber-Physical Systems and their Information-Theoretical Foundations
- [AAAI'19] Haoyi Xiong*, Kafeng Wang*, Jiang Bian*, Zhanxing Zhu, Cheng-zhong Xu, Zhishan Guo, and Jun Huan. SpHMC: Spectral Hamiltonian Monte Carlo. In Proceedings of The Thirty-Third AAAI Conference on Artificial Intelligence, Honolulu, Hawaii, 2019. (Accepted)
- [RTSS'18] Zhishan Guo, Kecheng Yang, Sudharsan Vaidhun, Samsil Arefin ,Sajal K. Das, and Haoyi Xiong. Uniprocessor Mixed-Criticality Scheduling with Graceful Degradation by Completion Rate. the 39th IEEE Real-Time Systems Symposium, Nashville, TN, 2018. [PDF] (one of the two papers from mainland China)
- [IJCAI'18] Haoyi Xiong, Wei Cheng, Yanjie Fu, Jiang Bian, Wenqing Hu, and Zhishan Guo. De-biasing Covariance-Regularized Discriminant Analysis. the 27th International Joint Conference on Artificial Intelligence, Stockholm, Sweden, 2018. [PDF]
- [AAAI'18] Jiang Bian*, Haoyi Xiong*, Yanjie Fu and Sajal K Das. CSWA: Aggregation-Free Spatial-Temporal Community Sensing. In Proceedings of The Thirty-Second AAAI Conference on Artificial Intelligence, New Orleans, LA, 2018 [PDF]
- [ICDM'18] Xin Xu, Minghao Yin, Haoyi Xiong, Bo Jin, and Yanjie Fu. Dr. Right+: Embedding-based Adaptively-weighted Mixture Model for Finding Right Doctors with Healthcare Experience Data. Proceedings of the 18th IEEE International Conference on Data Mining, Singapore, 2018.
- [ECRTS'17] Zhishan Guo, Ashikahmed Bhuiyan, Abusayeed Saifullah, Nan Guan, and Haoyi Xiong. Energy-Efficient Multi-Core Scheduling for Real-Time DAG Tasks. Proceedings of the 29th Euromicro Conference on Real-Time Systems, Croatia, 2017
- [ICDM'17] Haoyi Xiong, Wei Cheng, Jiang Bian, Wenqing Hu, and Zhishan Guo. AWDA: An Adaptive Wishart Discriminant Analysis. Proceedings of the 17th IEEE International Conference on Data Mining, New Orleans, United States, 2017
- [ICDM'17] Jiang Bian, Haoyi Xiong, Wei Cheng, Yanjie Fu, Wenqing Hu, and Zhishan Guo. Multi-Party Sparse Discriminant Learning. Proceedings of the 17th IEEE International Conference on Data Mining, 2017, New Orleans, United States, 2017
- [UbiComp'16] Haoyi Xiong , Yu Huang, Laura E. Barnes and Matthew Gerber, Sensus: A Cross-Platform and Context-Aware Crowdsensing Systems for Human-Subject Studies, The 2016 ACM International Joint Conference on Ubiquitous and Pervasive Computing, Heidelberg, Germany, 2016. [PDF]
- [UbiComp'16] Yu Huang* , Haoyi Xiong*, Kevin Leach, Yuyan Zhang, Philip Chow, Karl Fua, Bethany A. Teachman and Laura E. Barnes, Assessing Social Anxiety Using GPS Trajectories and Point-Of-Interest Data, The 2016 ACM International Joint Conference on Ubiquitous and Pervasive Computing, Heidelberg, Germany, 2016. [PDF]
- [UbiComp'15] Leye Wang, Daqing Zhang, Animesh Pathak, Chao Chen, Haoyi Xiong, Dingqi Yang and Yasha Wang. CCS-TA: Quality-Guaranteed Online Task Allocation in Compressive Crowdsensing. In Proc. of the 2015 ACM International Joint Conference on Pervasive and Ubiquitous Computing, Osaka, Japan, 2015. [PDF]
- [PerCom'15] Haoyi Xiong, Daqing Zhang, Guanling Chen, Leye Wang and Vincent Gauthier, CrowdTasker: Maximizing Coverage Quality in Piggyback Crowdsensing under Budget Constraint, In Proc. of the 13th IEEE International Conference on Pervasive Computing and Communications, St Louis, MI. (acceptance rate~15%) [PDF]
- [UbiComp'14] Daqing Zhang*, Haoyi Xiong*, Leye Wang and Guanling Chen, CrowdRecruiter: Selecting Participants for Piggyback Crowdsensing under Probabilistic Coverage Constraint, In Proc. of the 2014 ACM International Joint Conference on Pervasive and Ubiquitous Computing, Seattles, WA, 2014. [PDF]
- Jiang Bian, PhD student (as the primary advisor 2016 ~ 2018 at MST, as the co-advisor 2018~present at UCF)
- Yunchao Zhang, Undergraduate student (as the primary advisor 2017 ~ 2018, as the co-advisor 2018~present at MST)
- Kafeng Wang, PhD student (2018~present, Shenzhen Institutes of Advanced Technology, Chinese Academy of Science)
- Chengyi Mao, PhD student (2017~2018, MST)
- Simon Thougaard, PhD student (2017 ~ 2018, MST)
- Xiao Zhong, Postdoc (2016~2017, MST co-advised with Dr. Zeyi Sun)
- first placement - NTT Assistant Professor @ Clark Univ.
- Yu Huang, PhD student (2015-2016, UVA primarily supervised by Dr. Laura Barnes)
- now PhD candidate @ University of Michigan
- Jinghe Zhang, PhD (2015-2016, UVA primarily supervised by Dr. Laura Barnes)
- first placement - Data Scientist @ Target.
Some personal interests...