Haoyi Xiong (熊昊一), Ph.D
Senior Research Scientist, Big Data Lab, Baidu Research
Personal Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
I am currently a Senior Research Scientist at Baidu Research Big Data Lab. From Fall 2016 to Spring 2018, I was a Tenure Track Assistant Professor in Department of Computer Science, Missouri University of Science and Technology, Rolla, Missouri. Before that I was a Postdoctoral Research Associate in Department of Systems and Information Engineering, University of Virginia, Charlottesville, Virginia. I received Ph.D degree in Computer Science from Telecom SudParis jointly with Pierre and Marie Curie University, Paris, France in 2015. I obtained M.Sc and B.Eng degrees from the Hong Kong University of Science and Technology (2010) and Huazhong University of Science and Technology (2009), respectively.
- Intersection of Ubiquitous Computing and Applied Machine Learning
- Cyber-Physical Systems and their Information-Theoretical Foundations
- [RTSS'18] Zhishan Guo, Kecheng Yang, Sudharsan Vaidhun, Samsil Arefin ,Sajal K. Das, and Haoyi Xiong. Uniprocessor Mixed-Criticality Scheduling with Graceful Degradation by Completion Rate. the 39th IEEE Real-Time Systems Symposium, Nashville, TN, 2018. [PDF] (one of two papers from mainland China)
- [IJCAI'18] Haoyi Xiong, Wei Cheng, Yanjie Fu, Jiang Bian, Wenqing Hu, and Zhishan Guo. De-biasing Covariance-Regularized Discriminant Analysis. the 27th International Joint Conference on Artificial Intelligence, Stockholm, Sweden, 2018. [PDF]
- [AAAI'18] Jiang Bian*, Haoyi Xiong*, Yanjie Fu and Sajal K Das. CSWA: Aggregation-Free Spatial-Temporal Community Sensing. In Proceedings of The Thirty-Second AAAI Conference on Artificial Intelligence, New Orleans, LA, 2018 [PDF]
- [ICDM'18] Xin Xu, Minghao Yin, Haoyi Xiong, Bo Jin, and Yanjie Fu. Dr. Right+: Embedding-based Adaptively-weighted Mixture Model for Finding Right Doctors with Healthcare Experience Data. Proceedings of the 18th IEEE International Conference on Data Mining, Singapore, 2018. accepted.
- [ECRTS'17] Zhishan Guo, Ashikahmed Bhuiyan, Abusayeed Saifullah, Nan Guan, and Haoyi Xiong. Energy-Efficient Multi-Core Scheduling for Real-Time DAG Tasks. Proceedings of the 29th Euromicro Conference on Real-Time Systems, Dubrovnik, Croatia, 2017
- [ICDM'17] Haoyi Xiong, Wei Cheng, Jiang Bian, Wenqing Hu, and Zhishan Guo. AWDA: An Adaptive Wishart Discriminant Analysis. Proceedings of the 17th IEEE International Conference on Data Mining, New Orleans, United States, 2017
- [ICDM'17] Jiang Bian, Haoyi Xiong, Wei Cheng, Yanjie Fu, Wenqing Hu, and Zhishan Guo. Multi-Party Sparse Discriminant Learning. Proceedings of the 17th IEEE International Conference on Data Mining, 2017, New Orleans, United States, 2017
- [UbiComp'16] Haoyi Xiong , Yu Huang, Laura E. Barnes and Matthew Gerber, Sensus: A Cross-Platform and Context-Aware Crowdsensing Systems for Human-Subject Studies, The 2016 ACM International Joint Conference on Ubiquitous and Pervasive Computing, Heidelberg, Germany, 2016. [PDF]
- [UbiComp'16] Yu Huang* , Haoyi Xiong*, Kevin Leach, Yuyan Zhang, Philip Chow, Karl Fua, Bethany A. Teachman and Laura E. Barnes, Assessing Social Anxiety Using GPS Trajectories and Point-Of-Interest Data, The 2016 ACM International Joint Conference on Ubiquitous and Pervasive Computing, Heidelberg, Germany, 2016. [PDF]
- [UbiComp'15] Leye Wang, Daqing Zhang, Animesh Pathak, Chao Chen, Haoyi Xiong, Dingqi Yang and Yasha Wang. CCS-TA: Quality-Guaranteed Online Task Allocation in Compressive Crowdsensing. In Proc. of the 2015 ACM International Joint Conference on Pervasive and Ubiquitous Computing, Osaka, Japan, 2015. [PDF]
- [PerCom'15] Haoyi Xiong, Daqing Zhang, Guanling Chen, Leye Wang and Vincent Gauthier, CrowdTasker: Maximizing Coverage Quality in Piggyback Crowdsensing under Budget Constraint, In Proc. of the 13th IEEE International Conference on Pervasive Computing and Communications, St Louis, MI. (acceptance rate~15%) [PDF]
- [UbiComp'14] Daqing Zhang*, Haoyi Xiong*, Leye Wang and Guanling Chen, CrowdRecruiter: Selecting Participants for Piggyback Crowdsensing under Probabilistic Coverage Constraint, In Proc. of the 2014 ACM International Joint Conference on Pervasive and Ubiquitous Computing, Seattles, WA, 2014. [PDF]
- Jiang Bian, PhD student (as the primary advisor 2016 ~ 2018 at MST, as the co-advisor 2018~present at UCF)
- Yunchao Zhang, Undergraduate student (as the primary advisor 2017 ~ 2018, as the co-advisor 2018~present at MST)
- Kafeng Wang, PhD student (2018~present, Shenzhen Institutes of Advanced Technology, Chinese Academy of Science)
- Chengyi Mao, PhD student (2017~2018, MST)
- Simon Thougaard, PhD student (2017 ~ 2018, MST)
- Xiao Zhong, Postdoc (2016~2017, MST co-advised with Dr. Zeyi Sun)
- first placement - NTT Assistant Professor @ Clark Univ.
- Yu Huang, PhD student (2015-2016, UVA primarily supervised by Dr. Laura Barnes)
- now PhD candidate @ University of Michigan
- Jinghe Zhang, PhD (2015-2016, UVA primarily supervised by Dr. Laura Barnes)
- first placement - Data Scientist @ Target.
Some personal interests...