Haoyi "Bertrand" Xiong 熊昊一, Ph.D
Tech Lead, Senior Research Staff Member,
Big Data Lab, Baidu Research
Personal Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Dr. Haoyi Xiong is currently a Tech Lead and Staff Research Scientist at BDL, Baidu Inc., with a courtesy appointment as a Graduate Faculty of Computer Engineering Doctoral Program at University of Central Florida (UCF), Orlando, FL. From Fall 2016 to Spring 2018, he was a Tenure Track Assistant Professor in Department of Computer Science, Missouri University of Science and Technology, Rolla, MO. Before that he was a Research Associate in University of Virginia, Charlottesville, VA.
He received his Ph.D degree in Computer Science from Telecom SudParis jointly with Pierre and Marie Curie University (aka Sorbonne Université), Paris, France in 2015, where he was supervised by Prof. Daqing Zhang, IEEE Fellow and a Member of Academia Europaea. He earned the M.Sc Degree in Information Technology from the Hong Kong University of Science and Technology (2010), and B.Eng Degree in Electrical Engineering from Huazhong University of Science and Technology (2009).
Research Interests: Pervasive Computing, Machine Learning, and Cyber-Physical Systems
- Industrializing AI with Baidu AutoDL, ICDM-19 Industrial Talk
- Automated Deep Learning: Design, Transfer, Federation, and Adaption, ICDM-19 Tutorial Session.
(Some Notes: Postdocs/Students/Interns/Engineers I work(ed) with, *equal contribution)
- [AAAI'20] Jie An*, Haoyi Xiong*, Jiebo Luo, and Jun Huan . Ultrafast Photorealistic Style Transfer via Neural Architecture Search. In Proceedings of The Thirty-Fourth AAAI Conference on Artificial Intelligence, accepted, NYC, 2020. (Oral)
- [RTSS'19] Li Li*, Haoyi Xiong*, Zhishan Guo, Jun Wang, and Cheng-Zhong Xu. SmartPC: Hierarchical Pace Control in Real-Time Federated Learning System. In Proceedings of the the 40th IEEE Real-Time Systems Symposium, Hong Kong, China, 2019, IEEE.
- [ICDM'19] Ruosi Wan*, Haoyi Xiong*, Xingjian Li, Zhanxing Zhu, and Jun Huan. Towards Making Deep Transfer Learning Never Hurt. Proceedings of the 19th IEEE International Conference on Data Mining, accepted, 2019.
- [ECML/PKDD'19] Ruosi Wan, Mingjun Zhong, Haoyi Xiong and Zhanxing Zhu. Neural Control Variates for Monte Carlo Variance Reduction. Proceedings of The 2019 European Conference on Machine Learning and Principles and Practice of Knowledge Discovery in Databases, accepted, 2019.
- [ICLR'19] Xingjian Li, Haoyi Xiong, Hanchao Wang, Yuxuan Rao, Liping Liu, and Jun Huan. DELTA: Deep Learning Transfer using Feature Map with Attention for Convolutional Neural Networks. In Proceedings of The Seventh International Conference on Learning Representations, New Orleans, LA, 2019.
- [AAAI'19] Haoyi Xiong*, Kafeng Wang*, Jiang Bian*, Zhanxing Zhu, Cheng-zhong Xu, Zhishan Guo, and Jun Huan. SpHMC: Spectral Hamiltonian Monte Carlo. In Proceedings of The Thirty-Third AAAI Conference on Artificial Intelligence, Honolulu, Hawaii, 2019.
- Jiang Bian, PhD student (as the primary advisor 2016 ~ 2018 at MST, as the co-advisor 2018~present at UCF)
- Yunchao Zhang, Undergraduate student (as the primary advisor 2017 ~ 2018, as the co-advisor 2018~present at MST)
- Kafeng Wang, PhD student (2018.08~2019.07, Shenzhen Institutes of Advanced Technology, Chinese Academy of Science)
- Ruosi Wan, Master student (2018.09~2019.05, Peking University, joined Face++ as a Full-time Researcher, Summer 2019)
- Jingfeng Wu, Master student (2018.11~2019.05, Peking University, joined Johns Hopkins University as a PhD student, Fall 2019 )
- Jie An, Master student (2018.12~2019.05, Peking University, will join University of Rochester as a PhD student, Fall 2019)
- Chengyi Mao, PhD student (2017~2018, MST)
- Simon Thougaard, PhD student (2017 ~ 2018, MST)
- Xiao Zhong, Postdoc (2016~2017, MST co-advised with Dr. Zeyi Sun)
- first placement - Visiting Assistant Professor of Statistics @ Clark University
- Yu Huang, PhD student (2015-2016, UVA primarily supervised by Dr. Laura Barnes)
- now PhD candidate @ University of Michigan
- Jinghe Zhang, PhD (2015-2016, UVA primarily supervised by Dr. Laura Barnes)
- first placement - Data Scientist @ Target.
Some personal interests...