Upcoming Fibre Events:
Guild Weekend Away: Sept 22-24 at the Apollon Motel, Victor Harbor. Details and registration form below.
Events arranged by Affiliate Groups:
Woolly Campers: April 3-6, organised by the Sunraysia group, held at Lake Cullulleraine, Victoria.
Fleece to Fashion: Sat 5th & Sun 6th August, Aldinga & Sellicks Spinners Knitters & Weavers Open Day event. Flyer is available for downloading below.
Craft Retreat: 21 - 25 August, Adelaide Hills Handspinners & Weavers Guild. Leaflet with full description of activities is available for downloading below.
Other Fibre Events:
Here are some textile events that are a part of the SA History Festival program guide, which was released on April 8th and is usually available in public libraries. Some require booking in advance.
In the Adelaide area:
1. What were you doing 30 years ago?: Handknitters Guild of SA: 30th anniversary Open Day/Exhibition, Sunday 20 May 12:30-4pm, RSL Hall, 29 Arthur Street, Unley. Entry by donation, bookings not required.
2. Weaving Histories: Unley Museum exhibition, throughout May, Mon-Wed 10-4, Thurs 10-6, Sun 2-5, 80 Edmund Ave, Unley. Learn about Aboriginal Kertaweeta, now known as Unley. Free. Also: Weaving Histories Workshop, Sun May 28th 2:30-3:30pm, at Unley Museum. Learn traditional Aboriginal techniques of weaving (baskets) facilitated by the Southern Elders Weaving Group. Bookings essential, by donation. Book online: http: historyfestival.sa.gov.au/UMU3
3. Lace through Time to Now: Lace House exhibition, every Tues & Sat in May 10-3, 54 West St, Torrensville. $5 adults, bookings required for groups only.
4. Come and Try Adult Embroidery Program: City of Charles Sturt: Hindmarsh Library, Wed 17 May 10:30-12. 139 Port Rd, Hindmarsh. Bookings essential, firstname.lastname@example.org
Other parts of SA:
1. Strathalbyn Rag Rug Studio: The Australian Rugmakers Guild exhibition, Fri May 5th and every weekend in May 11-4, at Studio Blue, 13 Old Bull Creek Rd, Strathalbyn. Experience the historic techniques of recycled rag rug construction. All materials supplied, techniques are simple. Free, bookings not required. (Judith Stephens has run workshops at the Guild.)
Old Lace, New Lace: Encounter Lacemakers exhibition, throughout May (Mon-Fri: 9-5, Sat 9-12) at the
Victor Harbor Public Library, 1 Bay Rd, Victor Harbor. Free.
Do you have a fibre event coming up soon?
You can publicise it here simply by emailing the Guild (email@example.com) with details ad a flyer.
|Selection||File type icon||File name||Description||Size||Revision||Time||User|
|222k||v. 1||6 Feb 2017, 16:07||Handspinners_and_Weavers Guild|
|514k||v. 1||4 Feb 2017, 14:54||Handspinners_and_Weavers Guild|
|44k||v. 1||25 Mar 2017, 23:10||Handspinners_and_Weavers Guild|
|15k||v. 1||25 Mar 2017, 23:12||Handspinners_and_Weavers Guild|