Academic Pairing Guidelines
1. Academic Pairings can be both "academic" and/or
"co-curricular" in nature.
- E.g., a Hamline University course pairs with a Hamline Elementary class to do a collaborative reading project.
- E.g., a Hamline University Student Organization pairs with a Hamline Elementary class to do a collaborative project on the topic of culture.
- Both of these categories are recognized as "Academic Pairings" by the Hamline to Hamline Collaboration.
2. Academic Pairings occur between one or more individuals/groups from Hamline Elementary and from Hamline University.
- Both Hamline Elementary and Hamline University must be represented in the academic pairing.
3. Academic Pairings are unique and tailored to each pairing.
- Pairings begin to occur when individuals/groups from the university and elementary decide to collaborate together.
- Pairings are established when the Coordinator recognizes the collaboration as an Academic Pairing
- Pairings are then created individually and tailored to the needs of each collaborator and the mutual objective of the pairing.