Madressa Anjuman Islam was established in 1889 A.D. [Hijri-1307] with a noble purpose of spreading education.
A glimpse of Dr. A.M. Moolla High School
· In 1889 A.D. the institution - M.A.I. Trust was established.
· In 1918 A.D. the class from standard 1 to 6 were started.
· In 1947 A.D. standard 8th was started.
· In 1959 A.D. standard 9th was started.
· In 1960 A.D. standard 10th was started.
· In 1961 A.D. standard 11th [Metric - old S.S.C.] was started
· At that time there were 200 students from standard 5th to 11th.
· In 1976 10+2+3 a new system was introduced, so the standard 5th to 7th were considered as the classes of Primary School and a Secondary School from standard 8th 10th came into existence. At that time the Secondary School was in the Bazaar. Its total strength was 82 students.
· In 1981 a new building was made available in kathradawadi so the classes of secondary school were transferred in that building along with that English Medium Nursery.
· In 1989 Higher Secondary Section was started in M.A.I. High School.
· In 1989 English Medium School was started in M.A.I. High School.
· In 1990 Carrier Corner was started.
· In 1999 M.A.I. High School was named as " Dr. A.M. Moolla High School, Kathor".
· In 2005 English English Medium Section of Standard 11th was started which was named as Dr. Moosaji & Abdullah D.M. Lockhat Higher Secondary English Medium School Kathor.
At Present in Dr. A.M. Moolla High School in Secondary Section, there are total 8 classes of English and Gujarati Medium Section and in Higher Secondary Section there are 6 classes of English and Gujarati Medium. Thus, from standard 9th to 12th in total 12 classes, total strength of the student is 707. The total number of staff with the Principal is 25. The school is well equipped with library, laboratory, drawing room, and a large computer lab. Students from all the classes of the society study in the school without any discrimination of cast and creed. Here the students are taught the syllabus recognized and prepared by the Gujarat State Secondary and Higher Secondary Education Board. The students appear in the S.S.C. and H.S.C. examination held by the board. After passing the board exams of 10th and 12th the students may get direct admission in professional courses and higher studies at University. Board exams of different subjects. Literacy, Cultural and Sports Activities are held in the school.
Thus the efforts are made to make all round development of the students in the school.