Makes 3-4 cups.
• 5 Pounds of Apples (Any variety or combination)
• 1 1/2 TBS Ground Cinnamon
• 1/2 tsp Ground Cloves
• 1/4 tsp Ground Nutmeg
• Stevia packets *Optional (I use 3)
1. Peel and thinly slice apples.
2. Pour just enough water in empty crockpot to cover the bottom (approx. 1/3 cup).
3. Put apples in crockpot.
4. Add cinnamon, cloves, and nutmeg and mix well.
5. Cook on high for 5 hours.
6. Whisk apples very well until you have applesauce!
7. Add stevia packets one at a time and taste test. Add until you reach the desired sweetness.
* You do NOT need stevia for this applesauce. It is delicious all on it's own.
* If you prefer your applesauce very smooth, you can puree it in a blender or food processor. However, I would recommend letting it cool down before doing so.
* If you double this recipe, you'll need a 6 quart crockpot.
* If you prefer regular applesauce, simply follow the above recipe exactly as it is except leave out the cinnamon, cloves, and nutmeg.
* 1 Pound of Apples = 4 Small Apples, 3 Medium Apples, or 2 Large Apples. So for this recipe, you will need: 20 Small Apples, 15 Medium Apples, or 10 Large Apples
© Half of Gabby. For personal use only, not to be copied, distributed, altered or sold. www.halfofgabby.com