MAKES 12 MUFFINS
WHATCHU NEED (For Muffins):
* My sweet tooth likes my batter extra sweet. The stevia packets have a much more 'intense' sweetness than the baking stevia. The tartness of the apples in this recipe, I feel, take a little of the sweetness away. So on top of the 1/2c Baking Stevia, I also added 2 of the Stevia Packets to the batter. You do not have to do this. It's totally optional.
WHATCHU NEED (For Apple Pie Filling):
*Add one packet of Stevia at a time AFTER the apples have been cooked and cooled so that you can find the perfect sweetness to suit your own personal taste.
WHATCHU DO (FOR APPLE PIE FILLING):
1. Peel, slice, and dice your apples and place in baking dish.
2. Add unsweetened applesauce, nutmeg, and cinnamon. Mix well.
3. Cover and bake for 30 minutes at 350 degrees.
4. Set aside until cool enough to taste.
5. Add stevia packets, one at a time, until you find the perfect sweetness to fit your taste.
6. Set aside.
WHATCHU DO (FOR MUFFINS):
1. Pulverize the oats in a blender or food processor until you reach a flour-like
consistency and put in large bowl.
2. Add all dry ingredients (Baking powder, baking soda, baking stevia, and stevia packets) to oat flour.
3. Add Greek yogurt, eggs, and vanilla extract. Mix well.
4. Fold in apple pie filling, chia seeds, and flax seeds.
* The batter will be somewhat runny. It's okay, it's supposed to be!
5. Line 12 muffin tins with FOIL LINERS ONLY.
PLEASE NOTE: Muffins will stick to paper liners because they're flourless. Use foil liners OR a silicone muffin pan.
6. Fill the tins almost to the top of the liners. *They won't rise much at all.
7. After filling tins, place 2-3 walnut halves on top of each muffin.
8. Bake at 350 degrees for 20-25 minutes. Or until the muffin tops are a golden brown.
TIP: STORE MUFFINS IN FRIDGE (In a gallon ziploc bag). Will keep for 7 days.
TIP: From out of the fridge, pop a muffin in the microwave for 10-14 seconds (20-23 seconds for TWO muffins) for extra yummy flavor!!
NUTRITIONAL INFO: NUTRIONAL INFO w/ Options (nuts, chia seeds, flax seed):
104 CALORIES 151 CALORIES
2g FAT 6g FAT
17g CARBS 19g CARBS
5g SUGAR 5g SUGAR
2g FIBER 4g FIBER
5g PROTEIN 6g PROTEIN
© Half of Gabby. For personal use only, not to be copied, distributed, altered or sold. www.halfofgabby.com