We also have a Resource Highlights blog series
Networking, Alumni Connections, and Career Development
Advocacy and Support
- Mediation@MIT - mediation practice and training.
- Ombuds office - helps people express concerns, resolve disputes, manage conflicts, and learn more productive ways of communicating.
- Office of Student Citizenship - MIT's disciplinary body for making formal complaints and resolving conflicts.
- REFs - Resources for Easing Friction and Stress--low barrier, informal, confidential peer counseling service.
- Student Support Services (S^3)
- provides personal advice, consultation, special support, and advocacy
(helping with leaves, withdrawals, excused absences, etc.).
- MIT Guidelines for Raising Complaints about Harassment
- Ombuds - Discuss or Surface a Concern
- Title IX at MIT - a resource for Title IX policy and how it is applied at MIT, as well as resources for sexual harassment, sexual misconduct, gender discrimination and sexual assault.
- Mind and Hand Book - MIT's standards, guidelines, regulations, and procedures regarding general behavior and policies for all undergraduate and graduate students including those residing in Institute-approved housing and living groups.
- Institute Community and Equity Officer (ICEO) - a resource for students who have any concerns about equity regarding race, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, or any other characteristic leading to potential discrimination.
Women's Groups @ MIT
Health and Wellness
General Health and Wellness
Violence and Assault Prevention and Awareness
Nutrition and Fitness
Housing, Childcare, Family, Spouses & Partners
Other Women's Groups
Boston and Cambridge
General Interest - Books, Art, Film and Classes about Women and Gender
Blogs, Articles and Organizations of Interest
Film and Culture
- Chicks Make Flicks - curated film series presenting work by New England women filmmakers. Free admission; screenings are followed by discussion.
- Technology and Culture Forum
- sponsors lectures and symposia that address critical issues:
exploring the role of science in promoting changes, ethical implications
of innovation, etc.
Courses and Research
Other Resource Collections