You are now beginning a study of the human body. It is important that we understand how our bodies work so that we will be able to take good care of them. Your body is covered by your largest organ and it’s supported from within by your foundation, your skeletal system! All of your body systems have to work together in order to keep you alive and well. You will be exploring the parts of your body by using web resources and answering the questions that correlate to the specific questions. You may use the resources on this page, or you may use search engines to find what you’re looking for. Answer each question on your paper with complete sentences and you must "put the question in the answer".
A.) Skeletal System
1. What is a joint?
2. What is a ligament?
3. What are tendons?
4. Why is the skeletal system important to us?
Include in your answer--Protection, storage, movement, and blood cell formation.
5a. How many bones are babies born with?
5b. How many bones do adults have?
5c. Why do babies have more bones than adults?
1.What is the function/importance of the muscular system?
2. What are the 3 types of muscles, describe each?
3. Muscle action can be voluntary or involuntary, explain what that means and give an example of each?
1. What is the primary function of the circulatory system?
2. What are the main organs/parts involved in the circulatory system?
3. What is blood made of, explain each?
4. What is the function of the heart?
5. How many chambers does the heart have?
6. What are the three types of blood vessels, describe each?
1. What is the primary function of the respiratory system?
2. What is respiration?
3. Describe how the following parts of the body aid in respiration:
Nose, Pharynx, Larynx, Trachea, Bronchi, and Lungs.
4. How do you breathe? Include the rib muscles, Diaphragm and Cellular respiration.
1. What is the function of the digestive system?
2. What are the main organs involved in the digestive system?
3. What are the two types of digestion, describe each?
4. What is peristalsis?
5. What is the path food takes once it is put into the mouth?
6. Where does the absorption of nutrients take place?
1. What is the central nervous system?
G.) Urinary System