- A hard disk drive (hard disk, hard drive, HDD) is a non-volatile storage device for digital data. It features one or more rotating rigid platters on a motor-driven spindle within a metal case. Data is encoded magnetically by read/write heads that float on a cushion of air above the platters.
- Unlike the RAM, data stored in the harddisk remains when the computer is shutdown and can be accessed when the computer powers on. The structure of a harddisk restricts extreme high speed data access unlike the RAM but allows way greater storage.
- The programs and other operating information used by a computer
- (computer science) written programs or procedures or rules and associated documentation pertaining to the operation of a computer system and that are stored in read/write memory; "the market for software is expected to expand"
- Computer software, or just software, is the collection of computer programs and related data that provide the instructions telling a computer what to do. The term was coined to contrast to the old term hardware (meaning physical devices).
- Software is Grace Slick's 1984 album. This album was recorded after she had re-joined Jefferson Starship. After working on this album, Peter Wolf would go on to contribute to Jefferson Starship's 1984 album, Nuclear Furniture. A music video was made for the single "All the Machines".
- Fix or mend (a thing suffering from damage or a fault)
- the act of putting something in working order again
- Make good (such damage) by fixing or repairing it
- restore by replacing a part or putting together what is torn or broken; "She repaired her TV set"; "Repair my shoes please"
- Put right (a damaged relationship or unwelcome situation)
- a formal way of referring to the condition of something; "the building was in good repair"
harddisk repair software - Seagate Expansion
Seagate Expansion 1 TB USB 3.0 Portable External Hard Drive STBX1000100
The Seagate Expansion portable drive is compact and perfect for on-the-go. Instantly add more storage space to your computer and take large files with you when you travel. Setup is simple and straightforward; simply connect a single USB cable and you are ready to go. The drive is powered from the USB cable, so there is no need for an external power supply. Plus, it is automatically recognized by the Windows operating system, so there is no software to install and nothing to configure. Saving files is easy—simply drag-and-drop. Take advantage of the fast data transfer speeds with the USB 3.0 interface by connecting to a SuperSpeed USB 3.0 port. USB 3.0 is backwards compatible with USB 2.0 for additional system compatibility. Software Requirements: Works with Windows® 7, Windows Vista®, Windows® XP. Inside the Box: External portable hard drive, USB 3.0 cable, Quick start guide, 1-year limited warranty.
Physical resizing o f a harddisk :)
@work: one week before the holiday begins.....
Sorry for not commenting, I' ll catch up as soon as possible!
Just a closeup on a harddisks backplane, then played with a little paint with light effects...
harddisk repair software
Take your My Passport portable hard drive with you in this stylish soft-sided case. Lightweight and small, it fits perfectly in your briefcase, purse or backpack. The case features a plastic zipper with protective material strip, Interior pocket for USB cable. Designed for My Passport Essential (model WDBACYxxx, WDBAAAxxx), My Passport for Mac (model WDBAABxxx), My Passport Essential SE (model WDBACXxxx, WDBABMxxx), My Passport SE for Mac (WDBABWxxx), and My Passport Elite (model WDAACxxx) portable drives. NOTE: This case is not compatible with My Passport Studio portable drives