In April 2011, Web Fonts were added to Google Sites. This enhancement provides over 100 new, unique fonts for use across all aspects of your Google SItes website(s). To make use of this new feature, simply do the following:
- Select the More Actions >> Manage Site
- On the site management page, select the Colors & Fonts option from the left navigation
- Select the section of your site for which you would like to use an alternate Web Font
- Click the "Custom" option and select the desired font style from the drop-down menu
- Once satisfied with the changes, click the Save Changes button to save your selection(s) and return to the site.
Google Web Fonts: http://www.google.com/webfonts
Google Docs Blog: Google Sites brings you over 100 new web fonts