Due to the high demand, with classes often filling up very quickly, a spot is reserved only once all 3 parts of registration are completed, including payment.
- Registration Information : Word version or PDF Version
- Insurance Waiver : Word Version or PDF Version
Register online with e-mail payment, by clicking on FORMS
Register with cheque or cash, with paper copies of the registration form & waiver, by dropping in or mailing.
- Our address is Greenbelt Riding School, 3960 Albion Road, Ottawa, K1T 1B4
- Cheque is payable to WALTER KAHRER
- If you cannot print the documents at home, you are welcome to drop by our office where we have printed copies available.
Greenbelt Summer Camps are one-week day camps, suitable for children from 5 to 14 years old.
- For weeks that include Canada Day and the August Civic holiday - Camp is open. Please tell us whether your child will attend. Your weekly rate will be reduced by 1/5
- Riders range from absolute beginners to competing jumpers.
- Camp runs from 9:00 AM - 4:00 PM, with early drop-off and late pickup available at cost.
- Early drop off : 8h00 to 8h50
- Late pickup available : 4h15 to 5:00 PM.
- An additional charge of 5.00$ for every 10 minutes after 5:00 PM
- No refunds are given.
- Helmet and boots can be rented (see the registration form).
Our 1-Week Programs
Our Riding Camps are sorted into three programs that group together children by age and riding experience all at the same price of $400. Find the program that best matches your child.
- Tiny Hooves ( 5 and 6 years, new or semi-beginner )
- Pasture Pals (7 years and up, new or semi-beginner)
- Hoofbeats ( 7 years and up, with minimum of 1 session of previous riding experience, able to walk, trot and learning to canter)
Morning: Riding instruction (1 1/2 hour riding plus tacking up).
Lunch & Recreation:
- Horsey" Arts and crafts include painting live ponies and making "horse cookies"
- Being on a farm is about being outdoors: Catch a frog, run through a sprinkler, feed a horse, kick a ball.
Afternoon: In the afternoon, races and games on horseback, bareback riding, and cowboy magic for ground work where you learn what it takes for a horse to respond to you. "
Our Jumping Camps are offered throughout the summer for qualified riders (Minimum 4 riders in the class)
- Beginner Jumper (Any age, able to walk, trot and canter) $475
- Special Jumper Camp (Any age, able to jump 2'6" - Low enrollment) $600
- Extensive training (4 hours) +1 hour bareback. Includes flat work, conditioning and jumping practice
- Learning to braid and prepare for a competition.
- Included: Participation in one horse show (horse transportation + coaching included in the camp price)
- Needs to be an OEF member to compete.
- Optional: 4-day Program for $120 per day.
- Competing Hunter/Jumper (Any age, must qualify): extensive training, small groups, 4 hours of training plus 1 hour bareback.
What to Bring?
- Riding apparel
- CSA-approved riding helmet (can be rented). Bicycle helmets are not permitted.
- Safe riding boots (can be rented). A small heel with small tread keeps the rider safe
- Running shoes slip and let the foot get caught in the stirrups
- Hiking boots with large tread get stuck in the stirrups.
- Long pants for riding. Bring along shorts and change after riding.
- Swim wear for water games at the end of the day.
- Change of summer clothes - Children may get wet while bathing the horses or during water games
- Lunch and snacks – we are a garbage-free zone, anything non-recyclable must be taken home!
- No peanuts are allowed at Greenbelt because of allergies
- Sunscreen, hat, rain gear.
We welcome any rider with special needs as long as we can ensure their safety and the safety of others. We require advance notice to be given at the time of registration. If a special need is discovered during camp, the parents may be asked to pick up their child. We are not a therapeutic camp and we cannot have more then one child per week with special needs. Thank you for your understanding..