- A rigid nonremovable magnetic disk with a large data storage capacity
- hard disc: a rigid magnetic disk mounted permanently in a drive unit
- A hard disk drive (hard disk, hard drive, HDD) is a non-volatile storage device for digital data. It features one or more rotating rigid platters on a motor-driven spindle within a metal case. Data is encoded magnetically by read/write heads that float on a cushion of air above the platters.
- (Hard Disks) Storage and backing up data.
- (repair) compensate: make amends for; pay compensation for; "One can never fully repair the suffering and losses of the Jews in the Third Reich"; "She was compensated for the loss of her arm in the accident"
- (repair) restore by replacing a part or putting together what is torn or broken; "She repaired her TV set"; "Repair my shoes please"
- Fix or mend (a thing suffering from damage or a fault)
- Make good (such damage) by fixing or repairing it
- Put right (a damaged relationship or unwelcome situation)
- (repair) the act of putting something in working order again
Data Recovery Lab, Workshop 1
img harddisk5 edited
Inside A Hard Disk