Mr.Simon Period 3: 7th Grade Math Syllabus
· My email address is email@example.com. This is the fastest and most effective way to communicate with me.
· You can also write me a note (leave contact number) and send it with your child.
· Or call school at (818) 758-5600 mailbox ext. 1520 (not a direct line - slowest method)
Students will always:
1) Be on time to class, in seat with math materials and ready to work.
2) Be respectful in tone of voice and body language.
3) Raise their hand and wait to be called on before talking or making any requests
4) Keep desks free of unnecessary items. All electronic items should be turned off before entering the classroom
5) No food, drinks, and gum allowed in class, although bottled water is acceptable.
· (Pencil will be used at all times in the class room unless otherwise directed to use pen)
Grading based on: Letter Grades
Quizzes & Tests 70% A 90% - 100%
Class Work 15% B 80% - 89%
Homework 15% C 70% - 79%
Participation/Behavior - Work Habits & Cooperation D 60% - 69%
F 59% -
Students must always show their work on class work, home work, and assessments for full credit
· Notebook (3 ring, can be specific for math or divided section)
· A supply of loose-leaf paper
· Several pencils with erasers (mechanical recommended)
· Pencil sharpener with shavings catcher
· Red pen for correcting
· Calculator (optional)
· Student's will be responsible for maintaining a homework stamp sheet. The stamp sheet will need to be signed each weekend by a parent to verify homework has been assigned. The stamp sheet will be collected every 1 week. Students will retain daily homework assignments.
· Late assignments will be accepted only from the previous week (one grade deduction). Student's who are absent due to illness can turn in work the following class period with no penalty.
· There is no ‘extra credit’ or special assignments that bring up a students grade. If a student is 1-2% to the higher grade, excellent class work, homework, and attendance/ class participation will be considered in awarding an extra 1-2%.