GPSC Line Policy for the March 6th, 2010
The GPSC Basketball Ushers will begin monitoring the line at 8:00 PM on Friday, March 5th. If a line exists before this time, the students in line must regulate it themselves.
Selecting Old vs New Side
All individuals in the ticket card line will be asked to select which side of Cameron they wish to sit on during a line check on the afternoon of March 6th. Once an individual selects either the old side (the North side of Cameron near the Duke bench) or the new side (next to the band on the South side of Cameron), they may not switch sides under any circumstances unless instructed by the GPSC ushering staff. Individuals in the walk-up line will be directed by GPSC ushering staff to whichever side has room to accommodate them.
Failure to abide by this policy, the instructions of the GPSC ushering staff, or the instructions of university officials (such as the fire marshal or police) can result in loss of place in line as well as being refused entry into or dismissal from Cameron Indoor Stadium. The GPSC Head Ushers reserve the right to make exceptions to this policy for emergency situations.
Reminder of Ticket Card Guidelines
As stated in the ticket card agreement signed by all ticket card holders at the conclusion of Campout 2009: "The unauthorized resale of a season ticket card is not permitted. While ticket cards are freely exchangeable with other graduate and professional students, this is allowed in the spirit that students will share ticket cards, not "scalp" their tickets to other students. The per-game cost of a ticket ($7.50) can be determined by dividing the cost of a season ticket ($150.00) by the number of home basketball games (20). Students are reminded that North Carolina state laws govern the acceptable resale of tickets. Failure to comply with such laws could result in disciplinary action from his/her graduate or professional school. Any student caught engaging in the unauthorized resale of a season ticket card will have that ticket card deactivated." No refunds will be issued for deactivated ticket cards.
Reminder of Regular Line Policies and University Policies
• No food or drink can be brought into Cameron Indoor Stadium. This must be thrown away before entering the stadium. Backpacks and bags of any kind, including purses and camera bags, will not be allowed into the stadium. Individuals with backpacks or bags of any kind will not be permitted to enter Cameron.
• Graduate and Professional Student Basketball Ticket Cards must be accompanied by a valid Graduate or Professional Student or Student Spouse/Same-Sex Spousal Equivalent DukeCard. There are no exceptions to this rule.
• Before the game, Graduate and Professional Student Ushers may request to see one's ticket card and DukeCard at any time.
• A ticket card does not guarantee an unobstructed view of the game.
• A ticket card does not guarantee admission after 5 minutes prior to the scheduled tip-off time. Therefore, ticket card holders are not guaranteed admission after 8:55 PM.
• Per University Regulations, no fires or electrical devices (such as heaters) are allowed in the line area.