Benefits of Paddling Membership
Your membership with GoPink!DC provides the following benefits:
- Use of club equipment including boats, paddles and life jackets, rowing and paddling machines, and general fitness equipment
- Membership in the National Capital Area Women's Paddling Association (NCAWPA) with associated benefits of a fantastic network of fellow paddlers, steering and coaching staff
- Use of the highest quality regulation size dragon boats and outrigger canoes
- Subscription to Paddler Magazine and membership in American Canoe Association
- Participation in unlimited number of regularly scheduled practices (based on experience level) during season on the water
- Participation in year-round programs including an off-season conditioning program of paddling and rowing machine workouts, circuit training and yoga
- Competitive races and fun paddling events with sister breast cancer survivor teams in the fastest growing international water sport
- Participation in club-wide social gatherings and community events
- Financial accommodations available
The organization has no paid staff and is operated and maintained by its members. Community service and volunteerism are encouraged and expected from members to ensure the organization meets its mission and maintains its 501(c)3 status. Membership fees, which amount to less than $25 per month, allow us to maintain the Anacostia Community Boathouse, our equipment, and related costs.
| || |
Becoming a Member
To join, a member must pay the annual membership dues (either by check or credit card on this page) and complete the three membership forms listed below. Forms and check payment can be mailed to the address on the form, or hand delivered to the Membership Coordinator at a practice.
First Year - $150
Second Year - $225
Third Year + - $275
Please Note: GoPink!DC does not want the inability to pay our dues to be a reason for not joining the club, or renewing membership. Dues accommodations are granted on a case-by-case basis; please contact our membership coordinator with your request.
Payment can be made by check payable to NCAWPA.