- hard disc: a rigid magnetic disk mounted permanently in a drive unit
- (Hard Disks) Storage and backing up data.
- A rigid nonremovable magnetic disk with a large data storage capacity
- A hard disk drive (hard disk, hard drive, HDD) is a non-volatile storage device for digital data. It features one or more rotating rigid platters on a motor-driven spindle within a metal case. Data is encoded magnetically by read/write heads that float on a cushion of air above the platters.
- Make good (such damage) by fixing or repairing it
- Fix or mend (a thing suffering from damage or a fault)
- Put right (a damaged relationship or unwelcome situation)
- (repair) the act of putting something in working order again
- (repair) restore by replacing a part or putting together what is torn or broken; "She repaired her TV set"; "Repair my shoes please"
- (repair) a formal way of referring to the condition of something; "the building was in good repair"
- A thing used in an occupation or pursuit
- A device or implement, esp. one held in the hand, used to carry out a particular function
- A person used or exploited by another
- (tool) an implement used in the practice of a vocation
- (tool) instrument: the means whereby some act is accomplished; "my greed was the instrument of my destruction"; "science has given us new tools to fight disease"
- (tool) drive; "The convertible tooled down the street"
hard disk repairing tools - WesternDigital 40GB
WesternDigital 40GB EIDE ULTRA/ATA-100 5400 RPM Internal Hard Drive ( WD400EB )
MODEL- WD400EB VENDOR- WESTERN DIGITAL CORP FEATURES- Prot Value 5400 Hard Drive- 40.0 GB Rotational Speed: 5400 RPM Capacity: 40 GB Interface: Ultra ATA/100 Average Read Seek Time: 12.0 ms Buffer Size: 2 MB Data Lifeguard: WDs exclusive hardware software and services designed to protect your data. Features integral to our hard drives proactively help protect data by detecting isolating and repairing problem areas on the hard drive before data loss can occur. Data Lifeguard Tools a set of software utilities that work in conjunction with the embedded Data Lifeguard features make hard drive installation management diagnostics and repair simple and worry-free. The Data Lifeguard Lifeline service enables us to rapidly inform our customers of important information about our drives. These three components work together to offer superior data protection. * Data Lifeguard Hardware Features- - Embedded error detection and repair features that automatically detect isolate and repair problem areas that may develop over the extended use of the hard drive. - S.M.A.R.T. monitors hard drive operation to predict errors before data loss occurs. - Protective head parking is an exclusive new feature that adds another layer of protection to auto park by safely parking the heads even if other system components lose functionality. - Environmental protection filters offer added protection to the inside of the hard drive from humidity temperature and contamination. * Data Lifeguard Tools Software Utilities - Easily partitions and formats the new hard drive. - Overcomes operating system and BIOS limitations. - Quickly and safely copies the contents of the existing hard drive onto the new hard drive. - Tests drive for Ultra ATA compatibility. - Can quickly diagnose and repair many drive problems that may arise. * Lifeline Features - Enables us to quickly notify our customers in the event of a significant announcement about our drives. - Allows direct delivery of important improvements and...
O disco rigido ou HD (Hard Disk), e o dispositivo de armazenamento de dados mais usado nos computadores. Nele, e possivel guardar nao so seus arquivos como tambem todos os dados do seu sistema operacional, sem o qual voce nao conseguiria utilizar o computador.
Hard Disk failure
The new hard disk ready to be put in to the machine and then start reinstalling lots of software.
hard disk repairing tools
Black & Decker Everyday Home Repairs - Tired of paying countless dollars for home repairs? Introducing Black & Decker® Everyday Home Repairs. It will give you the know-how you need to make those same repairs on your own, quickly and easily. This comprehensive program covers repairing doors and windows, walls and ceilings, basic plumbing and electrical knowledge, as well as exterior home repairs. You'll save time and money by turning complex household problems into easy solutions!
Includes step-by-step instruction for all repairs
Projected estimates ensure every repair fits within your budget
Discover trade secrets, tips and instructions to 100 of the most common household repairs
Includes animations of repairs with voice-overs, full color photos and highlighted text
Print your project overview, complete with step-by-step instructions and photos to take with you, as well as a list of materials and tools needed
System Requirements for Windows
Windows 95/98, Me, XP
486/25 MHz or faster
16 MB RAM
2 MB free hard disk space
640x480 VGA monitor, 256 colors (16-bit color recommended)
Windows-compatible sound card & speakers
2X CD-ROM drive