Home‎ > ‎

Club History

Club History

 

YEAR OF FOUNDATION - 1886

 

CLUB COLOURS - RED & WHITE

 

ALTERNATIVE COLOURS - GREEN & WHITE

 

BRIEF OUTLINE OF CLUB

 

Gortnahoe Glengoole GAA club is situated in the shadow of the Slieverdagh Hills and based in the hurling heartland of Mid Tipperary. The Juvenile club independent of the senior club was formed in 1980. The club covers an area of 26,541 acres, with a population of approxiamently 2500 people in the parish of Gortnahoe Glengoole. The parish is situated right on the Tipp/Kilkenny border and has such Kilkenny Clubs like Urlingford, Tullaroan & The Fenians Johnstown as its near neighbours. There is three national schools in the parish in Gortnahoe, Ballysloe and Glengoole. Many of the children attend post primary school in Killenaule, Johnstown, Ballingarry & Thurles
Comments