Protein[DS] is an audio manipulation software running on Nintendo DS, which ables you to manipulate audio, anywhere you go - it is in some ways similar to ElectroPlankton concept.
Using Protein[DS], you can play with up to four modules at the same time to create a live music set and control external applications, using the touchscreen, audio in/out levels, midi-out, and even motion-control. You can even play with live-recorded audio sample.
- [13/05/03] The successor to Protein[DS], Protein Der Klang is out! At this occasion I'm releasing the sources of Protein[DS], featuring a never-released [DSamples] module... which became the first step towards the Protein Der Klang project!
- [09/01/22] It's been a while! Here comes the first 2009' Protein[DS] version, on the occasion of my B-Day - again!!! I spent most of my Protein-time to master NDS-filesystem and audio weirdness and create a simple GUI system. As a consequence, this version is a lot more stable. Then, what's new:
- [DScratch] graphical parameter panel - no more infernal xml editing/testing!
- global options graphical parameter panel
- state-save added
- recording-save added
- little [DSamples] update
- better stability
- [08/05/22] The project has evolved a lot since last release. Here's is the "proof of concept" v080522 of now called "Protein[DS]" - in this occasion, I made a new lil video - Enjoy!
- [08/01/22] A special Beta-Deltav080122 of Protein [DScratch] on the occasion of my B-Day! New demo-video is online!
- up to 4 performance modules at the same time
- .wav samples or recorded audio support
- file browser with audio preview feature
- microphone sample recorder
- quick access menus
- touchscreen control
- audio levels control
- motion sensor control
- wireless midi-out control
- last official version: [ProteinDS_090122.zip]
- sources + toolchain + binary: [ProteinDS_Sources_130503.zip]
- All needed informations are in [README.txt] (RTFM in English!)
- Some videos I made using various versions of Protein[DS]:
- My -hacked- NDS headset which ables me to use a microphone (through a little mixtable) on my DS... Here's a pretty bad recording of a little beatbox session I made using Protein[DS] playing a live recorded beatbox loop + live beatbox: [ProteinDS+BeatBox_1.MP3]
- You can consider supporting Protein[DS] development by making a little DONATION: