“By first uniting us with Himself, Christ unites us with one another.”
We look for many ways to strengthen Christian fellowship and foster social interaction.
Fellowship at Good Shepherd touches all areas of our lives.
Things we do:
- Coordinate Fellowship Hour Sunday mornings
- Coordinate various church events: Annual Church Picnic, Pot Lucks, Thanksgiving Pie Social, Paml Sunday Breakfast, Bake Sale, Simple Suppers during Lent
- Assist with Funeral Meals
- Schedule Adult Night Out
- Meals for Members
- Power Of Prayer
Core Team Members:
Paula Vander Grinten
The Fellowship Team shall be comprised of one at-large member of the Congregation Council and as many members of the congregation as the team chooses. Each year after a Congregation Council representative has been assigned, the team shall elect a chairperson and a recorder from its membership. The Congregation Council representative will report from the Congregation Council any action that this team needs to take, and report to the Congregation Council on behalf of this team. The team shall meet regularly – monthly meetings are suggested.
The responsibilities and duties of the Fellowship Team include, but are not limited to:
1. Plan and coordinate ongoing fellowship activities such as Sunday morning coffee hour.
2. Plan and conduct and/or lend support to special fellowship activities such as potlucks, annual picnic, simple suppers, trips/outings, etc.
3. Plan, coordinate, and provide meal service for funerals as requested.
4. Plan and coordinate delivery of meals to members with special needs.
5. Assume responsibility for the kitchens, including keeping those areas clean and organized, and keeping supplies stocked.
6. Enlist, train and supervise those who volunteer to serve.
7. Prepare and submit a budget request to the Executive Committee for anticipated fellowship expenses annually.
8. Oversee disbursement of the annual Fellowship Team budget.