- A machine with a mechanically driven needle for sewing or stitching
- a textile machine used as a home appliance for sewing
- A sewing machine is a textile machine used to stitch fabric,paper,card and
other material together with thread. Sewing machines were invented during the
first Industrial Revolution to decrease the amount of manual sewing work
performed in clothing companies.
- Any mechanical or electromechanical device used to stitch cloth or other
material; normally uses two threads to form lock stitches
- (of prices or other charges) Low
- (of an item for sale) Low in price; worth more than its cost
- relatively low in price or charging low prices; "it would have been cheap at
twice the price"; "inexpensive family restaurants"
- bum: of very poor quality; flimsy
- Charging low prices
- brassy: tastelessly showy; "a flash car"; "a flashy ring"; "garish colors";
"a gaudy costume"; "loud sport shirts"; "a meretricious yet stylish book";
- Pleasing and welcome
- well: (often used as a combining form) in a good or proper or satisfactory
manner or to a high standard (`good' is a nonstandard dialectal variant for
`well'); "the children behaved well"; "a task well done"; "the party went well";
"he slept well"; "a well-argued thesis"; "a well-seasoned dish";
- To be desired or approved of
- Expressing approval
- having desirable or positive qualities especially those suitable for a thing
specified; "good news from the hospital"; "a good report card"; "when she was
good she was very very good"; "a good knife is one good for cutting"; "this
stump will make a good picnic table"; "a good check"; "a good
- benefit; "for your own good"; "what's the good of worrying?"
cheap sewing machine - Portable Mini
Portable Mini 2-speed Sewing Machine
Providing perfect stitch control, this mini
sewing machine comes in handy for anything from silk to denim. The machine's
user-friendly design offers a top drop-in bobbin for easy threading, automatic
thread rewind, a simple on/off control button, and an over-sized button for
setting the speed from low to high. Choose either the hand switch or the
included foot pedal to start. The unit makes a nice gift for any craft
enthusiast, novice or on-the-go sewer, or college student with an eye for
fashion. The mini sewing machine uses DC 6-volt power and measures approximately
7-2/3 by 4-1/2 by 8-2/7 inches.
My new sewing machine!
I'm not usually impulsive with money (it took
me 7 years to buy a Blythe, even though I loved her at first sight), but this
machine is so delicious, I had to get it! The last time I was this impulsive was
when I bought my first button press back in 2001, and that worked out, right? I
got it through the Home Shopping Network because I'm CLASSY! Since I ordered it
during their spiel, it was a LOT cheaper than the regular price, plus, it came
with a bunch of extra crap. My old machine was a good little trooper, but was
really meant for someone who was just learning, and it was time to move on.
Plus, it was a gift from my ex's parents back in 2000, and tended to be a
reminder of sad times. OMG, you guys! This machine can sew the tiniest hemlines!
And it's so smooth. The table doesn't shake when I sew! It's blowing my mind,
but that might be due to how archaic my old machine was. haha!
i busted out my sewing machine last night to
make these napkins. they're really just dishtowels i bought at ikea, cut in half
and hemmed. it's been over 6 months now that we stopped buying paper towels and
napkins; we've been using just straight-up dishtowels in place of napkins, but
that's a lot of fabric to hold in your lap. this is kind of a happy medium.
they're softer than cloth napkins you buy at the store, a bit smaller, and a lot