City Tournament at Golda Meir School for the Gifted & Talented
INFORMATION NOT UPDATED FOR 2015 SEASON
Golda Meir will be hosting the Milwaukee City Forensics championship on Friday March 7th starting at 3:15 PM. Golda Meir upper grade campus is located at
1615 N Martin Luther King Drive
Milwaukee, WI 53212
Please enter the west building under the skywalk on MLK drive. Parking is in the MPS lot located at the corner of 4th and Galena (across from the elementary building) or in the slanted parking on Galena. Please do NOT park in the Milwaukee Youth Arts Center lot. Please enter the the west building under the skywalk on Martin Luther King drive.
Schedule of Events:
3:15 PM Check-in
3:45 PM Student Meeting in Cafeteria/Judge Meeting in Judges Lounge (2nd floor west)
4:00 PM 1st Round
5:30 PM 2nd Round
6:15 PM Music begins in Gym
6:45 - 7:15 Dinner Break
7:15 PM Power Rounds Begin Announcing & DJ Begins for Dance
7:15 Power Rounds as Announced
9:15 PM Clean-up & Move to Auditorium for Awards
9:30 Awards in Auditorium
10:00 PM Parent Pick-up
- All students must remain in the cafeteria when not in a round except during dance.
- All food must remain in cafeteria, including candy and there is NO GUM allowed at anytime at Golda Meir.
- Wait until we announce the beginning of the next round before departing.
- There is no posting of video or pictures on the web.
- Excellent audience and hallway behavior is expected thropughout the evening.
- Bullying or bothering of any student at anytime will result in immediate disqualification from final round award opportunities.
There will be 1st and 2nd place team trophies as well as medals for every member of those teams.
Individual trophies will be awarded in all categories based on power round results.
Every one will receive Blue or Red ribbons based on 1st & 2nd round scores.