Toplevel into which another process can be embedded.
gnocl::plug [-option value...]
- -child widget-ID
- Widget ID of the child.
- -socketID string (default: "")
- ID of the window in which to embed. This cannot be changed after creation.
- -visible boolean (default: 1)
- Whether or not the item is visible.
- -onDestroy string (default: "")
- Tcl command which is executed if the widget is destroyed. Before evaluation the following percent strings are substituted:
%w widget name
With a plug widget a process can be embedded in another process using the XEMBED protocol. The GUI of the other process does not have to be written in GTK+ or Gnocl. Qt, Tcl/Tk or pure X should work just fine. If the other side uses Gnocl, it should use the socket widget. The plug widget can either be embedded by setting the -socketID option, or by setting the -plugID option of the socket. REMARK:
embedding in Tk does not work. Any hint why would be appreciated.
- id delete
- Deletes the widget and the associated tcl command.
- id configure [-option value...]
- Configures the widget. Option may have any of the values accepted on creation of the widget.
- id getID
- Returns the window ID of the plug widget.