GMC 49ers - May 19-21, 2017 - Rolling to the River Rally in Rio Vista!
You may remember Humphrey the Humpback whale. In 1985, he chose to swim up to the Sacramento River. When he got to Rio Vista, CA, he decided to stay - for a month!
Well, now it's the GMC 49ers turn to head to Rio Vista. For us, it's just for a weekend but your Rally Hosts - Chris Musselman, Suzanne Statler & Tom List are certain that you'll love a weekend in this historic little town!
Attached is the Rally Flyer (nice job Chris!). Attached below is the Registration, "working" Schedule of Events and Map are included.
Things to do over the weekend include:
- Tom's Bar-B-Q on Friday Night and a little music on the Yacht Harbor Deck
- Chris & Suzanne's 39 minute "Bridge to Beach" walking tour - an easy stroll highlighting Rio Vista's history, architecture and scenic river views.
- Tour at The Dutra Museum of Dredging - REALLY? Dredging? You bet! This tours a 1920's Craftsman Style 2-story Mansion with a docent to introduce us to Rio Vista, the Delta, the history of dredging and to showcase a vast collection of items documenting the hard work and innovation by the people who have shaped California's Delta Region since the 1850's. Very cool!
- Tour of the Rio Vista Museum - housed downtown in the old Blacksmith's shop which is now the home to artifacts depecting Rio Vista's history!
- Lunch at the famous Foster's Bighorn Restaurant & Bar (we've reserved a room - you will order and pay for your own lunch)
- Shopping (art shops, thrift stores...), wandering, and hanging out on the waterfront or in the historic downtown (just a few blocks from the Marina RV Park).
- Saturday night Dinner and Sunday morning Breakfast will be at the highly rated Point Waterfront Restaurant (adjacent to the Marina RV Park). Yea! No dishes to do!
- Tee up @ The Golf Club @ Rio Vista - http://thegolfclubatriovista.com/ -
- And just enjoy some time together!
Rally PRICING -
Because the Delta Marina RV Park only had 12 available spaces on this weekend, we also have also reserved premium RV spaces just half a mile down river at the Solano County Sandy Beach Campground (with electric & water hookups, and dump station).
The Delta Marina RV Park/The Point Waterfront Restaurant will be the location for our meals and meetings. Delta Marina RV Park Site Cost for 2 nights: $88.00
Sandy Beach Campground is also on the river and really beautiful. Only half mile down river from the Delta Marina RV Park. Sandy Beach Campground Site Costs for 2 nights: $49.00
---Note: Tom & Suzanne will be staying at Sandy Beach with a car and cell phone to shuttle anyone to the Marina RV Park or downtown and back!
On the Rally Registration, you'll be asked to make your choice of campground - write your check accordingly.
The location assignments will be on a first come/first choice basis! If your first choice isn't available, I'll ask if the other location will work.
Contact Suzanne if you have questions, want to come early/stay late, can only come for a part of the rally, or if you'd like hotel accommodation recommendations.
Here's to joining up with you in Rio Vista!
Happy Rolling to the River,
Suzanne Statler List, Tom List & Chris Musselman
Suzanne Statler & Tom List
P.O. Box 1
Port Costa, CA 94569