A team of teachers is needed to organize resources in the Global Education Conference wiki.The Diigo groups here http://groups.diigo.com/group/globaleducation or here http://groups.diigo.com/group/globalconference, can be a starting point, but inserting a widget into the wiki isn’t enough. Resources need to be organized by categories such as: school directory, educator directory, NGO directory, projects, programs, curriculum, tools, world languages, exchanges, and whatever else we can think of.
The following links will guide our efforts:
- the main purpose of the wiki is to provide resources
related to global education for educators worldwide.
- it will serve as a
repository for conference presentations and recordings.
- it will be publicized prior to and during the conference.
- there is no relationship between the wiki and mentor program currently but hopefully one will develop.
- we can decide who will have the ability to edit various wiki pages.
i.e., We can open it up to everyone and then work to control quality
through editing...or...get input from everyone but limit who directly
edits pages for tighter quality control.
- if this is to remain a resource long-term, periodic editing would be necessary after the conference.
- the goal is to have it ready to go public late October.
- a specific scope has not been defined.