The tackle program participates in the Bill George Youth Football League. Players learn and develop the fundamentals of tackle football, teamwork, sportsmanship and leadership in a supervised, organized and safe environment.
This is a travel league that plays teams from surrounding suburbs. The tackle program begins the last week of July/first week of August and ends in early November. Teams practice daily in August and three days a week when school starts through the end of the season. Games are played on weekends at Newton Park and in surrounding communities.
There are multiple scrimmage games prior to the season, including the annual Golden Eagle Football Jamboree held in mid-August to kick-off the season and raise funds to support the program. Teams are built based on age, weight restriction, ability and experience.
- BG8U - 74bs (At least 7 but less than 9 yrs old)
- BG9U - 84lbs (At least 8 but less than 10 yrs old)
- BG10U - 94lbs (At least 9 but less than 11 yrs old)
- BG11U - 104lbs (At least 10 but less than 12 yrs old)
- BG12U - 119lbs (At least 11 but less than 13 yrs old)
- Varsity (At least 11 but less than 15 yrs old)