Note: Chapter financial
information is removed from the minutes and is available by contacting
the chapter treasure at email@example.com
Glacial Ridge Chapter Minutes Saturday April 2, 2011 Meeting # 258
President: Daniel Bursaw
Vice President: Damon Stoetzel
Secretary: Mary Thielke
Treasurer: Todd Lund
State Rep: Mike Pesta
Legislative Reporter: Not present.
Sergeant @ Arms: Rodney King
Guests present: 3
- Ted Warren
- Robert Uhden
- Michelle Peschges
- Matt Richards
- Stephanie Peschges
- Jeff Moen
- Charlene VanLuik
- Don Aasgaard
- Peggy Douma
- Jari Gruis
- Val VanderWeyst
- Deano Meehan
- Tony Larson
- Des Larson
- Harry Lee
- Glenna Williamson
Meeting called to order at 6:02
Pledge of Allegiance was said.
President welcomed everyone. We went around and said our names, as there were new people there.
- Marches Minutes were read. Discussion was asked for. Motion to accept was made by Kurt and seconded by Charlene. It passed by oral vote.
- Todd reported that there was nothing new with the moneys. Last month it was $ in general account and $.
- Open discussion was asked for. Motion to accept made by Robert and seconded by Charlene. It passed by oral vote.
Vice President's Report~Damon
- He stated there is still snow that he wishes would go away.
- He reminded us of ABATE U next weekend.
- He told us not to drink and drive.
- He told us to check out the classes at ABATE U.
- He also talked about Georgia's $70,000 grant to fund motorcycle check points.
- He told us that was biased.
- Mike talked about the next district meeting in St. James.
- Also he talked about ABATE U having a Honda Smart motorcycle simulator.
- He told us it would also be at Freedom First's 4th annual fundraiser.
- Make sure you get hold of your legislators to push the failure to yield bill, which is stuck in the legislation.
- He spoke about the Road Noise website being taken over by a new person. (My notes suck!)
- Chapter that have Dial-a-ride trailers need to keep receipts to turn in if the trailer has need repairs. The Chapter will get reimbursed for the bill.
- He told us about the old beer trucks that are going to be used to store motorcycles when Dial-a-ride needs it.
- The July BOD meeting will be at a farm by Kimball.
Government Relations Liaison~Derek He wasn't present.
- He told us that he only had 5 ABATE U raffle tickets left to sell so if anyone wants any, they need to get them now.
- She mentioned that the book was up to date.
- It was mentioned to take note of Kurt's 50th birthday cake. We celebrated it after the last meeting.
- He wasn't present. Dan asked if there was anyone else who would like to be in charge of events as Jory works weekends. He had no takers.
- He wasn't present. His e-mail is firstname.lastname@example.org .
- Our website is
http://www.glacialridgeabate.org/ Warren's email address is
email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Note Edited for corrections by Warren
Patriot Guard~Vince He wasn't present.
- ABATE U, April 8-10
- Wash Out: May 14th. Spoon volunteered to take the handouts.
- $250 given to Becky to help take care of her sister.
- It was asked if we were going to have a raffle this year. It was discussed and decided it was too late to have a raffle this year.
Next meeting is May 7, 2011 at 6:00 pm at Rooney's in Sedan.
- Mike asked if anyone was interested in going for a ride before the meetings this summer.
Adjournment: Dan asked for a motion to adjourn the meeting.
Charlene made the motion. Jari seconded it. The meeting
was adjourned at 6:26 pm.