My fields of specialization include international economics (Trade, Development, Factor Mobility -- Foreign Direct investment, Outsourcing, Offshoring, Migration, Brain drain), economics of education (equality of opportunities, dynamics of cognitive achievement, assessment of school effectiveness) and program evaluation.
Currently, my research is focused on the economics of education
and I am conducting empirical works on:
- the impact of vocational guidance and counselling on school dropout;
- the determinants of households’ demand for early childhood education and care;
- the effectiveness of monetary incentives schemes in boosting school performances;
- the effect of remoteness on student achievements;
- the high school effect on college achievements.
Giovanni Agnelli Foundation
via Nizza 250, 10126 Torino (Italy)
Tel.: +39 011 6500507