NXTControl / MINDdroid
- For our open door day my students and me prepared a "smartphone
rallye". We controlled NXT Mindstorms robots with Android phones. The
source code and instructions can be found here.
- Adapted the NXTControl to Android 2.1. Now you can control the NXT robot directyl via Bluetooth. The source code and instructions can be found here.
- Together with Shawn Brown from Tokyo and Harv Stanic from Lego System A/S at Billund I developed MINDdroid, the first official LEGO® MINDSTORMS® Android Application for the real-time direct action
remote control of LEGO® MINDSTORMS® robots utilizing direct BlueTooth
wireless connection between both devices - Android phone and your NXT
robot and built-in accelerometer and tilt sensors found on most Android
powered hand-held phones and devices.
The source code of the app is of course under GPLv3 licence and you can find it at http://github.com/NXT/LEGO-MINDSTORMS-MINDdroid.
- There is an update of MINDdroid to version 1.2. It is downloadable from the Android market.
Here's a list of what is new with MINDdroid version 1.2:
- German language included
- Improved tutorial texts, also in German
- Improved bluetooth dialog
- Improved bluetooth connection algorithm, improvements on Bluetooth connection for HTC Desire
- NXJUploader - for uploading leJOS-NXJ-apps to the robot (only enabled when the new leJOS NXJ robot model is selected). Comes with two included nxj-Files (AlphaRex.nxj and MINDGameZ.nxj).
- Control the Alpha Rex model from the LEGO MINDSTORMS NXT 2.0 set (#8547). You can make the Alpha Rex walk, shake, talk to you via your phone, in your language, give you sensor readings and play music (on your phone). NOTE: this feature only works with the leJOS NXJ firmware.
- You will find more details here.
- Together with LEGO we (Harv Stanic and I) just released MINDdroid 1.3. It now comes with the Universal Uploader
that enables you to upload *.rcd, *.rso, *.ric, *.rxe files while
running the standard firmware directly from your phone to your NXT robot
and run them instantly. Play well!
Development of applications for the Android platform