To run properly with a tape drive and/or an autochanger, few other packages are needed:
mt-st: required to operate a tape drive
mtx: required to operate on autochangers
And, of course, bacula packages. Depending on the role of the machine, different packages are needed:
- bacula-sqlite (mysql/postgresql) contains the file daemon, the storage daemon and the director daemon. Install this package on the server. On the server it must be installed and configured the corresponding database engine, sqlite3 / mysql / postgresql.
- bacula-bat contains the administration tool, it must be installed on the management workstation
- bacula-updatedb is needed if you are upgrading from an older version of bacula
- bacula-client contains the file daemon and the command line console, it is the only package needed for a client to be backed up installation
After package installation, there are few other things to be done:
- configure the storage daemon (/etc/bacula/bacula-sd.conf)
- test the tape drive/autochanger executing btape
- initialize the database used by catalog, executing the scripts /usr/lib/bacula/create_bacula_database and /usr/lib/bacula/create_bacula_tables. If you are upgrading from an older version, the procedure is different.
- configure the file services daemon (/etc/bacula/bacula-sd.conf), the director daemon (/etc/bacula/bacula-dir.conf) and bat (/etc/bacula/bat.conf)
- start the services
Prev: Bacula 5 download and installation on CentOS 5