- It has the ability to backup data from remote hosts using server-centric configuration, each client requires minimal software installation and configuration;
- It has the ability to store data on files, CD/DVDs, tapes, autochangers, uncompressed or compressed;
- It features command-line and GUI-based management tools, providing job control/reports, media management tasks, version browser, retention policy, etc;
- The backup policy is very flexible, allowing multiple schedules with different backup strategies, using templates or customized for specific hosts;
- Can use different media pools for different backup schedules;
- It is able to backup and restore raw disks (i haven't tested this feature)
And many more features which I've missed now.