1. Diigo- save and share your bookmarks on line
2. Talk and Comment- a great little extension that gives you a tiny, unobtrusive icon on the right hand side of of your Chrome browser ready to record feedback and automatically gives you a link to place in your Google Doc, Facebook, Twitter or where-ever.
3. Move It- It is not good to sit down for long periods of time in front of your computer. With this extension you set the timer and a new tab opens up and suggests some easy 10 second movements to keep your mind and body active.
4. Citable- Saves quotes and notes from the web and puts them in a spreadsheet- good for researchers.
5. Feedly- for managing your RSS feeds.
6. Print Friendly and PDF- Makes print friendly PDF type pages of web pages.
7. Pinterest- Quickly visit your pins and pin stuff
8. Padlet Mini- quickly put things you like from the web onto a padlet which can then be embedded elsewhere.
9. XMarks- Synch and back up your bookmarks over multiple browsers and multiple laptops. Put all your bookmarks on the bookmarks bar.
10. Too Many Tabs- Archive your tabs if you've got too much going on.
11. Google URL Shortner- and QR code maker!!
12. You Tube Options- allows you to turn off adds and disable the ability to view comments on videos.
13. Last Pass- remembers your passwords and makes strong passwords for you.
14. Announcify- reads web text and blurs out the the part not being read so readers can focus on the text. Fabulous for low or partially sited readers as it reads aloud the main body of text on a web page blurring out the text that is not being read and highlighting the text being read. Similarly Readability declutters web articles to make them easier to read- can inverse colours as well.
Visor does similarly but doesn't read the text. It darkens the text the you are not focussing on taking away distractions.
15. Screen Capture by Google- Take screengrabs of the whole screen or part of it. Annotate it and save it or share it.
16. Snag It- You need both the Snag It Web App and Snag It Extension to take screen grabs and annotate them. Screengrabs saved to Google Drive.
17. Select and Speak or Speak It or Chrome Speak will read aloud text that you have highlighted on the web.
18. One Click Timer- Adds an easy countdown timer that plays a little tune when it's done.
19. Webpage and Webcam Screen shot- allows you to look like you're editing a web page. No longer available :-(
20. App Launcher Customiser- lets you move around the apps in your Google Quick Start Menu so you see the ones you use most often.
Ponder This Pond Extension for Kiwi Teachers Only. For easy tagging things to The Pond.
22. Turn Off the Lights- makes everything but the You Tube video you are watching disappear.
23. Screencastify- for recording your screen with an audio overlay.
24. Project Naptha- makes text within images etc selectable.
25. TLDR- Too Long Didn't Read- summarise a long article into a couple of useful sentences so you know what it's all about. Here's a video to show you how it works.
26. Office Editing for Docs, Sheets and Slides- Edit Microsoft Office Documents within Google Drive.
27. Notable PDF- add this extension and you will be able to write on PDFs, share and embed.
28. Google Docs Quick Create- Create docs, forms, presentations and drawings with one click from the toolbar.
30. Driveslides- makes a Google Slide Set from a bunch of images in a Google Drive Folder all at once.
31. Share to Classroom- instantly share links to Google Classroom Classes
32. Colour Enhancer- calibrate Chrome to get the best experience if you are colour blind.
33. Extensity- use it to quick turn off and on your other extensions so they don't slow things down. Here's a video to show you how it works.
34. The Great Suspender- rather than you turning off your extension manually this one shuts them down automatically after a time.
35. Google Tone- exchange URLs to anyone in earshot.
36. Evernote Clipper- clips web pages and saves them to Evernote
37. Pocket- easily save web pages for viewing later in an easy on the eye text. As a bonus get the mobile app and it will read the article aloud. Here is a blog post sharing how it works from Eric
38. Open Dyslexic- makes everything into an open dyslexic font- including Google Docs- not tried by me at the moment.
39. Bitmoji- make your own avatar
40. Save to Chrome- a Pinterest like visual bookmarking tool
Go looking for other extensions that you like the look of.......