HOMEPAGE ~ See Navigation Panel at left for More
Essentially, I write about character, morality, and the arts from an evolutionary perspective.
~ In the File Cabinet Below:
- READ my Curriculum Vitae (in PDF with links to some online publications);
(along with Fredericka Jacks, my wife). www.ebibliotekos.com
At Moral Sense Colloquium, April 2012
Entire Contents of this Site and All of its Pages and Content (including Text, Video, Audio, and Images) Belong to and are Copyrighted C.2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 by
Gregory F. Tague and Cannot be used Without Permission.
Entire site: All Rights Reserved.
Professor of English - St. Francis College (NY)
b. February 1957
Ph.D. New York University (1998).
M.Phil. New York University (1996).
M.A. Hunter College, CUNY (1990).
B.A. Brooklyn College, CUNY (1979).
Reader-response ethical criticism and the history of ideas. The biology of morality. Areas include the English Novel (1740-1930); Modernism (1870-1930).
Authors of particular interest: Samuel Richardson, Jane Austen, George Meredith, George Eliot, Thomas Hardy, Henry James, E.M. Forster, D.H. Lawrence. Charles Darwin.
- Character and Consciousness: George Eliot, Thomas Hardy, D.H. Lawrence (Phenomenological, Ecological, and Ethical Readings) (Academica 2005).
- Ethos and Behavior: The English Novel from Jane Austen to Henry James (Academica 2008).
- Making Mind: Moral Sense and Consciousness in Philosophy, Science, and Literature (Rodopi/Brill 2014).
Book Editor and Contributor:
- Origins of English Literary Modernism, 1870-1914 (Academica 2009).
- Origins of English Dramatic Modernism, 1870-1914. Co-editor, Daniel Meyer-Dinkgräfe (Academica 2010).
Book Editor (literary anthologies):
- Pain and Memory: Reflections on the Strength of the Human Spirit in Suffering (Bibliotekos 2009).
- Common Boundary: Stories of Immigration (Bibliotekos 2010).
- Battle Runes: Writings on War (Bibliotekos 2011).
- Being Human: Call of the Wild (Bibliotekos 2012).
- Puzzles of Faith and Patterns of Doubt: Short Stories and Poems (Bibliotekos 2013).
Journal Editor (academic articles):
- ASEBL Journal (2006 - ).
Editorial Board, Consciousness, Literature and the Arts (U. Lincoln, UK).
Peer-review reader for journals such as The D.H. Lawrence Review, College Literature, Comparative Literature.
Numerous scholarly studies and articles in academic books and journals, as well as creative work. [Refer to attached C.V.]
“In over thirty years of publishing I can honestly say that . . . Professor Tague is one of the most dedicated, active and productive scholars it has been my pleasure to work with. His work has been well received and can be found in major university and institute collections throughout the world. I wish, from the point of view of a publisher of scholarship, to affirm the quality, cogency and moral focus of Professor Tague’s life and work.”
Robert Redfern-West, Director, Maunsel & Co., Publishers (Dublin), Academica Press, LLC