Apostle of Hope in Divine Mercy
Jesus, I trust in you.
Magnificat anima mea Dominum
On Sunday, July 30th, 2006, Fr. Larry Shinnick, associate pastor of Our Lady of Sorrows, Birmingham, Alabama confirmed the spirituality of Mule of Christ.
On Tuesday, August 11th, 2009, The Most Rev. Victor Galeone, the ninth Bishop of the Diocese of St. Augustine, FL granted approval of this lay apostolate and himself became a Mule of Christ.
What is it?
It is simply to be the mobile tabernacle for Jesus Christ in His search for His lost sheep (Ez 34:16) before He comes again in glory.
Who may serve as Mule of Christ?
Any practicing Catholic of good will who desires to bring Christ to others. This is especially appropriate for priests and religious because they have been consecrated for the total and exclusive service of Christ.
What to do?
1) Lead a chaste life according to one’s current state in life (i.e., clergy, consecrated, married, single, etc.)
2) Receive Holy Communion frequently (daily if possible) with the intention of serving as the living and mobile tabernacle for Jesus to reside in one’s heart with His Real Presence between Holy Communions. Express this intention by asking Jesus (Jn 4:40) every time after having received Him, “Stay with us, Lord, until my next Holy Communion. May it be my Viaticum should this be my last Holy Communion.” (Mane nobiscum Domine Lk 24:29)
3) Frequent the Sacrament of Penance (at least monthly; bi-weekly highly desired.)
Primary Devotions (Christocentric):
1) Most Blessed Sacrament, Eucharistic Jesus
2) Most Holy Mary, Mother of the Eucharist
3) Holy Father, the Vicar of Christ