Grant Application Guidelines and Procedures
Purpose and Goals
The Sharon Gewirtz Kids to Concerts Fund’s mission is to support music education by providing children with the opportunity to experience classical music firsthand at live performances.
The Sharon Gewirtz Kids to Concerts Fund grants focus on financial need in school and non-profit music programs throughout the United States. Grants will be awarded in September of each year. Grant are made for each cycle up to $500 and are made on an annual one-time basis.
· Priority will be given to music education programs initiatives that directly support the purchase of tickets for music education students for live classical music performances.
· Classical music education – vocal or instrumental – must be the key component of any music program requesting funds.
· Public or charter schools or non-profit/501(c)(3) programs directly funding music education, serving students (K-12) regardless of their ability to pay, should apply.
· Schools and programs must already have an existing music program/curriculum in place. Grant funds cannot be used to pay salary of regular music instructor; however, stipends and performance fees for guest instructors and musicians are eligible for consideration.
Grant Application Guidelines
Grant funds cannot be used for the salary of music educator; however, stipends for guest instructors, performance fees and expenses associated with admission to qualifying performances are eligible for consideration.
Grant funds will not be awarded for reimbursement of expenses or purchases that have already been incurred.
The Sharon Gewirtz Kids to Concerts Fund generally does not award charitable grants to the following:
· Schools that charge tuition to attend
· Scholarship funds
· Religious, political, labor, athletic, or fraternal organizations
· Operating funds, deficits or debt retirement
· Music therapy, dance, costumes, uniforms, props
· General requests for operating funds or capital campaigns
· Event sponsorships such as, but not limited to walks, runs, festivals, camps or golf tournaments
· Programs serving people and communities outside the U.S. and its territories
Read the Grant Application Guidelines to make sure your project meets The Sharon Gewirtz Kids to Concerts Fund funding requirements
Grant applications must be received by June 30 and will be reviewed by The Sharon Gewirtz Kids to Concerts Fund trustees. Applicants will be notified no later than August 15.
Grant recipients are required to submit receipts verifying the funds were used as agreed and report on the results which were obtained. The Sharon Gewirtz Kids to Concerts Fund reserves the right to request the return of the grant funds if they have not been used as agreed. The Sharon Gewirtz Kids to Concerts Fund reserves the right to promote a collaborative partnership with a grant recipient for promotional purposes.