High School Grading Scale
98 - 100 = A+
93 - 97 = A
90 - 92 = A-
87 - 89 = B+
83 - 86 = B
80 - 82 = B-
77 - 79 = C+
73 - 76 = C
70 - 72 = C-
67 - 69 = D+
63 - 66 = D
60 - 62 = D-
0 - 59 = F
Greetings and salutations! Your educational journey as a freshman at Chichester High School is one of the most important experiences of your life as you begin the transition to your future. Please use the content of this Website to your advantage to ensure success in Honors or Accelerated Academic English 9. Let's have a spectacular year, and always remember to conduct yourself like an EAGLE!
Course Description Honors and Accelerated Academic English 9 are based upon a study of literature and informational pieces, as well as continual development of writing, language/style, rhetoric, research, and technological literacy. Each unit of study also incorporates a technology component to address 21st century skills.
Required Materials The following materials are required in class each day:
Classroom Policies and Procedures Rules are necessary to maintain order and create a classroom environment conducive to learning. If you adhere to the six simple rules here, you will greatly increase your chances of a successful year in my classroom:
1. ADHERE TO THE SOCIAL CONTRACT THAT YOU CREATED!
2. Never talk out of turn.
3. Respect the ideas and opinions of others.
4. Do not use abusive and foul language.
5. Quickly and quietly take your seat, and remain there unless otherwise directed.
6. Do not use electronic devices in the class room (i.e. cell phones, MP3 players, etc.) unless otherwise specified.
7. Do not bring food or drink into the classroom.
8. Behave in a mature manner: refrain from engaging in inappropriate activity!
Daily Homework Schedule and Classroom Materials
Positive Behavior Support
S.W. Vocabulary Weekly Word Pairs
School-Wide Vocabulary (SWV)
Units of Study
Literature (poetry, drama, short stories)
Informational (essays, speeches)
MLA Formatting Website
Glossary of Literary Terms
Chichester School District Website