Researcher in spectrochemical analysis with experience in atomic spectrometry, analytical instrumentation and sample preparation.
Specific topics of research and professional experience:
- Inductively coupled plasma mass spectrometry (ICP-MS)
- Tungsten coil atomic spectrometry (absorption, emission and fluorescence)
- Inductively coupled plasma optical emission spectrometry (ICP OES)
- Microwave-induced plasma optical emission spectrometry (MIP OES)
- Thermospray flame furnace atomic absorption spectrometry (TS-FF-AAS)
- Microwave-assisted sample preparation
Currently an Associate Research Professor at the Department of Chemistry of Wake Forest University, teaching analytical chemistry and conducting research in analytical instrumentation for trace element determinations.
- Analytical chemistry instrumentation
- Gas phase ion-molecule interactions
- Sample preparation
- Chemical education