Researcher in spectrochemical analysis with experience in atomic spectrometry, analytical instrumentation and sample preparation.
Specific topics of research and professional experience:
- Inductively coupled plasma mass spectrometry (ICP-MS)
- Tungsten coil atomic spectrometry (absorption, emission and fluorescence)
- Inductively coupled plasma optical emission spectrometry (ICP OES)
- Microwave-induced plasma optical emission spectrometry (MIP OES)
- Thermospray flame furnace atomic absorption spectrometry (TS-FF-AAS)
- Microwave-assisted sample preparation
Currently working as Lecturer at the Department of Chemistry of Wake Forest University, teaching general and analytical chemistry and conducting research in analytical instrumentation for trace element determinations.
- Analytical chemistry instrumentation
- Gas phase ion-molecule interactions
- Sample preparation
- Chemical education